LegacyGT.com

clutch install cost?

john_galt

hey everyone- long story short is that my clutch got destroyed over the weekend, and instead of getting owned by the dealer on a new stock setup not rated for my power, i'm going to order either the ACT HD setup or the SPEC Stg2 setup, and have the dealer install it.

The main thing at this point is how much they quoted me for the install- they said it'd be 950 including the fluid swap, and this seemed like a bit much to me. My car's already there at the dealer (had to be towed) but I'm trying to see if there's any viable, cheaper alternative. Their labor rate is 90/hr, so that means they're expecting it to be a 10hr job to replace the clutch and flywheel. Can you guys provide me with some of your own experiences to bounce this off of? thanks!

I had an 06 GTI fried the clutch doin burnouts like a retard....dealer wanted 1600 for clutch n flywheel. Ebay for a clutch kit was somewhere around 300 shipped...I c ur in west point, come down to long island city, its rite before you go over the 59th st bridge on the queens side. Walked into na transmissio place and they swapped it in 3 hours and charged me $250

Archived