LegacyGT.com

Shortage of Legacy GTs

So how come all of you didn't get like a mazdaspeed or something like everyone else ? :-)

Concerns over reliability, no fold-down rear seats, and that awful clutch prevented me purchasing a MS6. I like the car a lot in every other respect.

There are a ton of GTs in New England, which is pretty close to you.

Where do you live?

Phoenix, AZ. There are four dealers here. I had been looking for a new car since 2003 and decided to get a Legacy GT two years ago. It took me two years to get in the financial situation to buy one (four job changes) and to find the car I wanted. I was originally going to get a 2007 but the dealers only had a few before the 2008s came out. I almost didn't buy it because I didn't like the look of the 08s but they finally grew on me. I had hoped to get a used one with low miles but they just aren't to be found out here.

Finding one in the color I wanted with the options I desired was very difficult. None of the dealers in town had what I wanted. Most of the Legacy GTs they had were bronze. I wanted quartz silver or white. The dealer I eventually bought from looked everywhere from California, Texas, and Montana. Every time they thought they found a car for me it turned out to have costly options I didn't want. I ended up settling for a diamond gray they had on their lot. I originally didn't want that color because I was currently driving a black car and my wife's car was dark gray. I wanted something lighter because cars here instantly become covered with dust. But I went for it because they gave me a good deal. Now I am glad because it looks awesome sparlking in the sun and everybody compliments me on it.

I did find a few used cars with low miles but they always had somewhat questionable modifications...e.g. 20" chrome spinner rims and flame pinstripes. I found that one at a Saturn dealer and it only had 1,000 miles on it. Who does something like that to a car and then immediately gets rid of it?

The dealers all seemed reluctant to order a car from the factory for some reason. I don't know why that is.

I drove (what is by NZ standards a long way) about 400k's to get my leggy. It's good for a road trip with a mate. then you can show them how much their car sucks on the drive back. Said example had me in my 5MT twin turbo GTB owning him in his 1.8 4EAT galant :lol:

Yes i'm a mean bastard :spin::D

Sorry to hijack this thread.

i'm from LI ... I have never seen another LGT but mine

Where abouts on LI cmc032? I got together with a few others months ago for breakfast. Probably meet up at Captree this summer on Sundays...interested?

KevinH

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Where abouts on LI cmc032? I got together with a few others months ago for breakfast. Probably meet up at Captree this summer on Sundays...interested?

I frequent LI a good number of times. My cuz lives in LI and he has a wrx. Does Subaru ever have gathering on LI?

I see one every few months here, actually where I work there is one guy with an 05 LGT. But compared to toyotas, altimas, etc, ye its like 1 to 100,000

Same around here. There's a blue one that shows up about once every 6 months or so. Other than that, I'm the only one. Which is really disappointing...:rolleyes:

Cool thing is, everyone thinks it's a 2.5i and slow as molasses in January.:munch:

Same around here. There's a blue one that shows up about once every 6 months or so. Other than that, I'm the only one. Which is really disappointing...:rolleyes:

Cool thing is, everyone thinks it's a 2.5i and slow as molasses in January.:munch:

Every time I see WRX pull up which happens 3x more frequently than Legacy GT and STI going by and only seen them on expressways... you could recognize its a fast car, LGT, no one knows :) anything...

People would pull up next to me and taunt me into racing on my 05 WRX. Now that I have an 05 LGT wagon few people ever try to race me (really a good thing). Living in South Fla there are very few Legacy's around . Ended up looking for 6 month on auto trader online for it. Flew to Philly and brought it back down on the auto train. Well worth it even though it cost me $ 1000 to go get it.

Come to Colorado, there are LGT's galore around here. People buy one, trade it in for a new one in two years. If I had more money, time, and knowledge I could even get a LGT EJ255 turbo engine and the tranny to go with it for $5k out of a totalled LGT. People get them, drive stupid and wreck in the snow! WITH A SUBARU! All I'm sayin is there are LGT's everywhere around here, old ladies drving them, high school kids (lucky little bastards) and everyone between. They still hold their value though, a perfect car for around here, especially the GT with a turbo for the mountain roads.

Torture for a 2.5i driver such as myself.

Archived