LegacyGT.com

What can CD2 Engine Detailer fix?

I did a little cleaning on my car today and I used an all purpose degreaser to clean up a few spots. Just to give you an example of what sort of thing that CD2 can clean up I sprayed some on the plastics and the hoses. If you do that enough you get some really messed up stuff. So this is what it looks like when you get all purpose cleaner on plastics and hoses.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC05304.jpg

After a shot of CD2 and a quick wipe, this is what it looked like:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC05306.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC05307.jpg

I sprayed it down again afterwards so the hoses would be shiny. When you wipe it down it makes it more matte and I like the hoses shiny.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

CD2 was bought by TurtleWax. They are still in operation and still cranking out the Engine Detailer. There are a lot of morons working at AutoZone who don't know how to get it I guess. The Black Magic stuff is nowhere near the same thing. That product is absolute shit and not worth the can they put it in. CD2 sits on the shelf right next to Black Magic at three of the AutoZones I've been to in my area, so even if I didn't already know they were seperate products I think that would prove it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah, that's my Corolla. It is a fairly common car unless you are looking for the XRS. They only made it for two years in 05 and 06. Mine actually rolled out of the factory in April of 04, so I call it an 04.5 XRS. :) The big difference is the six speed transmission and the 2zz-ge engine from the Celica GT-S. It's no LGT, but it gets me 25mpg when I drive it like I stole it and 30mpg the rest of the time. At 170 HP out of a little NA 4 banger you just can't complain too much. :) They brought back the Corolla XRS for 09, but it sucks. This one is more like the Type R Integra of the Integra family when you compare it to the rest of the Corollas. The new XRS barely compares as the GSR of the Integras. They watered it way the hell down and didn't even let it keep the VVTL-i engine or the six speed tranny. It is basically a badge package and a little extra power over the base model.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC05308.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/05xrs/DSC03294.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/05xrs/19-16-20075-01-34PM.jpg

OCDETAILS BLOG

What did you use Simple Green or something.

Something like that. The engine bay was pretty much already clean, but it was getting dusty around the strut towers and in those spots that dirt collects. So I used a Four Star product that is esentially the same thing as Simple Green. It loosens the dirt where I want it loose and then I can just rinse it away and keep the rest of the engine dry and ready for the CD2. I sprayed it on a few spots just to show what this stuff is capable of doing. Just in case you have damage from using a degreaser on the hoses that did stuff like that first picture, now you know what you can use to clean it all up. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Picked up 2 cans at my local AZ last week... stuff really worked well. My engine bay now looks great but my driveway now has a milky brown streak running down it from the Gunk degreaser...:redface:

plus you have to be careful when spraying around asphalt it leaves a slick/glossy surface on it. iirc it says on the can to be careful.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

lots and lots of water. Anytime I degrease an engine I always fill my wash bucket first and then pour that under the car to help rinse it. Once it dries you are pretty much sunk. If you think engine junk is bad, you should try owning a BMW that you wash in the same spot every time. Or a 350Z. I had one guy with a 350Z who let me take it back to my place to wash it once a week. After a month I had four black spots permenantly stained on the concrete where the wheels would drip off. The brake dust was that bad.

Anyway, just keep the concrete wet and rinse it off right after you are done. If you have stains that need to be cleaned up then a tire brush and Tide laundry degergent is what I use usually. It has worked for everything from oil stains to degreaser stains.

OCDETAILS BLOG

yeah - it clearly states the warning but I had no choice but to use it in the driveway...

anybody have any tips on how to use this stuff while avoiding the associated mess????

with the CD2 i take an old sheet and lay it under the engine bay it seems to work.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

For the record, it isn't the CD2 that is staining the concrete. It would be whatever degreaser you are using prior to the CD2. The Engine Detailer is just used as a dressing on the engine parts and shouldn't be dripping underneath the car to stain anything.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived