LegacyGT.com

help with warped disc problems

tuan.dao

Hi all,

I have had disc shuttering problems since 200kms on my 04' GT auto. The dealer replaced the first set of rotors and pads after the machining caused a lot of noise when used (at 13000kms). The second set of rotors were again machined at 15000kms (more shuttering and Yes, it took a while). did not replaced pads. I have been nursing the brakes ever since and they have today started shuttering again at 18000kms.

This is my wife's car and she is not hard on the brakes. She has not ever warped any other brakes from any other manufacture....We have not changed our driving style!

Anyway, I would like to hear from anyone who have had problems with their brakes. I am expecting to have a long debate with Subaru and would like to be able to demonstrate that this is not an isolated case. And if it is an isolated case, I would argue that there has to be something else wrong such as sticky callipers etc... It just isn't right that I have to nurse ( I even manually down shift when stopping) a car like this. If anything, I would understand if I were racing this thing frequently. Although I would expect the GT to be designed to cope.

Tuan:mad:

Archived