LegacyGT.com

About to start an aftermarket install...a few things I need to know...

Netwreck94

Before I put the flame suit on, I've done a ton of research on this already and have a decent idea of whats going on...just need a few questions answer and some general advice...

I just picked up an 05 LGT recently. I've done hours upon hours of research and am pretty much left in a daze. I'd like to use the cleansweep, but have several questions about it. How many volts does it actually output to the amps, I know that most amps are rated @ 12v, and am worried that I may only see an output of 8 from the cleansweep. I've read all about how LOC's are basically worthless since they don't adjust the EQ from the factory whatsoever.

How complex is this thing to hook up to lets say, 4 new 6.5s for the doors, 2 amps, and probably 1/2 subs. I'll more than likely be running a pair of 12inch L7's on a 1 ohm load via a Hifonics Titan 1500rms amp. As for the doors I'm not sure at all, and have read just about everything under the sun about whats what. Should I do components in the fronts with coaxials in the rears, or just do coaxials all around. I'll power those with about 75w a piece via a 2 channel amp. What kind of amp should I look for the 6.5s? Will the CS support 2 amps? Also I've read of people purchasing a front and rear harness from a member here, will I need that for the install and what else would I need? I've got the stock sub as well so I don't know how that will play into effect but I'll more than likely disconnect it and sell it as I would deem in worthless in such a boost of audio performance.

Any input would be much appreciated and I value your opinions greatly. Recommendations on anything all around as far as audio choices would be great, from 6.5s to Subs to Amps. What should I look to spend to have everything installed professionally. I was quoted at $220 for everything which sounded very reasonable, just trying to cross the Ts and dot the I's I guess.

Thanks So much...

Evan

I'll take a stab, and no need for the flame suit.

1) CS outputs max 2.5v. I think you're confusing the voltage output from the source (headunit) with the voltage from the battery (12v). Top aftermarket headunits put out 5-8v. A higher voltage typically means a cleaner signal as it overpowers any noise.

2) I have had a very good experience with the RF 3sixty.2. I had a not-so-positive experience with the CS. The RF is fully adjustable, where the CS is not at all. To stay balanced, others on here have had good experiences with the CS. CS has only four outputs (front and rear). RF has six including dedicated mono sub and center outs. For wiring, see my recent post / diagram.

3) None of this is complex if you're comfortable wiring 12v stuff properly. Planning is the key to success. Plan your wiring runs, your cable needs, amp rack and box situation. If you'd rather tackle it, consider it $1000 worth of insurance on happiness and have a reputable local shop do it for you. $220 sounds cheap (too cheap). What kind of amp rack will they build? Door spacers?

4) Door spacers: depending on speaker depth (say >2") you'll need 1/2" to 1" of spacers per door. I have 1" of spacers in my front doors for a 2.5" deep speaker and it is close.

5) Money well spent on dampening material, especially in the doors and trunk / hatch. With 1500W on bass your car will thank you with less vibrations/rattles.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Archived