LegacyGT.com

Ordered Progress Technology goodies (sways and springs) yesterday.

canadalgt

Hi all,

I just thought I'd mention that I ordered a set of front and rear sways and lowering springs made by Progress Technologies.

I dealt with Rich at Precision Tuning (732) 451 0200. He is an awesome guy to deal with, he showed lots of patience with my unending amount of stupid shipping related questions!!! Tell him the guy from Canada made a referral.

He also has excellent pricing. I'd rather not mention what I paid on the forums, because I'll let Rich work you guys out the best deals he can.

Apparantly, I may be getting some of the first sets that are being shipped out by Progress because the official release dates are still a few weeks away.

I'll let you know how the install etc goes after I recieve the items.

rclark0032: very good question!!! In my excitement I totally forgot to ask the thickness measurement of the sways.

fressshhh: I shall keep you sall posted with pics, driving impression etc. However, I am seriously wondering if I should wait till spring to put the goodies in. We've been having a rough winter so far (ice storm today!!!). Any ideas??

OK fellas, seems like the sways are going be 22mm for front AND rear. Interesting that they are using the same diameter for both ends. Any thoughts?

Its not uncommon for front and rear sets to be matched in diameter. Plus it looks like both the front and rear are adjustable so you should be able to tweak things to your liking. Personally I prefer the way Hotchkis does things and lists the percentage stiffer than stock. Thats what really matters as you could have two swaybars of the same diameter but depending on their design they could have quite different stiffnesses. Just look at an adjustable swaybar. When you change the setting you're not changing the actual diameter, just the effective diameter.

Bad news!!! The whole deal fell through. Progress could not deliver on time. Rich at Precision Tuning tried his very best to get the setup in on time so that I could grab them from him while I visited the US, but Progress let all of us down.

Anyway, maybe at a later date I'll pick up the stuff from Rich but for now I am stock!!! Maybe this worked out for the better anyway, I was going to pay to be a test mule for Progress.

Cheers everyone.

Archived