LegacyGT.com

New user in the market for new car looking at LGT

Hello all,

Ive been looking around the forums and reading a bunch of posts. Im in the market for a new car around may. I have driven an LGT 5mt a few months ago. I actually was impressed - didnt think I would be.

Im looking for a really great daily driver that can have some fun on the track too.

Heres a list of my questions so far:

1. How many of you track this car? If you do to what extent - what events.

2. How can I make mine look like the one at the top of this website? That just looks mean.

3. Do you miss having a 6th gear?

4. Do you ever think well get any of the even higher performance models here? If so when?

5. This is a big interrest to me. I was reading the subby website - it says the 5mt AWD is 50-50 split but the autos AWD system is 45-65 RWD biased. Now I hate auto - but I LOVE RWD biased AWD cars. Any comments on this and the AWD system on the 5mt?

6. Which model is better to go with - the regular LGT or the LGT limited?

7. How modifiable is this car currently - and how much power has anyone in th states gotten out of this car.

Thanks,

Jeff

1. How many of you track this car? If you do to what extent - what events. I don't but I know many here do, drag and autocross

2. How can I make mine look like the one at the top of this website? That just looks mean.- There are many bodykits available and only more to come in the future

3. Do you miss having a 6th gear? - No often more marketing thing performance on many cars, would like it but don't mind not havign it

4. Do you ever think well get any of the even higher performance models here? If so when? Yes I think we may, 2-3 model years

5. This is a big interrest to me. I was reading the subby website - it says the 5mt AWD is 50-50 split but the autos AWD system is 45-65 RWD biased. Now I hate auto - but I LOVE RWD biased AWD cars. Any comments on this and the AWD system on the 5mt? I too wished for the RWD bias on the MT not the AT but this is not the case obviously, the car is still plenty of fun and the rear can come out nicely if you choose for it to.

6. Which model is better to go with - the regular LGT or the LGT limited? I only didn't get limited because this car I really did not want leather becuae its more utility for me then luxury. Depends what you want and need.

7. How modifiable is this car currently - and how much power has anyone in th states gotten out of this car. - Highly modifable, 300hp and tq with a simple reflash, more with more changes, people are already near the 300whp marks and higher I suppose not all the details have been released yet by some people, point being that 350hp/tq is not a big deal to get out of the car.

Song of Post- Jimi Hendrix- Castles made of Sand.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

sorry i should be more helpful .. the car at the top has an sti spoiler i think. browse the turbo forum to get an idea how modifiable the car is, .. check out ShaggyGT's beast.

search for things like... autox, rumors sti. there is so much info here since the forum is so active.

Archived