LegacyGT.com

What would you do?

pheonix991

I blew my HG's, and they are going to be replaced soon. After that, I need to decide if I want to keep the car, or sell it for something else newer and have a payment. I'm 18, making $700/month, I'm thinking about either an 02 wrx, or getting something else.

Insurance for the Legacy is $160/month right now. I was thinking about leasing a new 08 wrx, but, insurance would be $300/month, and payments would be $159+tax. So, I'm thinking a 02 wrx insruance will be somewhere around $200~$275, but, the payments would be significantly less.

If you were in my situation, what would you do?

I blew my HG's, and they are going to be replaced soon. After that, I need to decide if I want to keep the car, or sell it for something else newer and have a payment. I'm 18, making $700/month, I'm thinking about either an 02 wrx, or getting something else.

Insurance for the Legacy is $160/month right now. I was thinking about leasing a new 08 wrx, but, insurance would be $300/month, and payments would be $159+tax. So, I'm thinking a 02 wrx insruance will be somewhere around $200~$275, but, the payments would be significantly less.

If you were in my situation, what would you do?

A few months after basic training (Navy) back in 1992, I bought a sweet Z24 with a V6. My car payment seemed easy, but it was too high to be comfortable. Make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew. I mean, you don't want to not be able to go out on a weekend night because your car payment is due next week. Make sure you do a budget and leave some slop in there, because shyt always happens.

I wouldn't think of spending $300 per month on insurance. I would buy the 02 WRX if you KNOW you can afford it. You may also want to look at other cars. Just make sure you have enough money for other stuff you like to do. Do a freakin' budget, a realistic one!

You will get more for your car if you sell it yourself. It will just take you a few weeks to get the right buyer. Then go buy whatever car you decide to buy. Also, buy your next car from a private seller. Then you save more money.

If you just want a quick car, a turbo'd Civic is about as cheap as you can get. ... A 2004 SRT-4 would be a pretty good performance deal too. Those cars can be pretty quick, even with the stock turbo. What about a supercharged Cobalt SS? I'm suggesting these cars, because I think they're cheaper than a WRX. AWD rules, but you need to keep your payment LOW.

By the way, I loved my WRX! It was a fun little car.

Good luck man...

Archived