LegacyGT.com

sirius reception

mmanus88

i recently had a sirius system installed into my car. one thing that the mechanic did that i am a little wavy about is the antenna placement. he put it right under the rear window (winshield). i have been told that the receptiona dn clarity is optimal when the antenna is outsive and on a peie of sheet metal (amplifies signal) but i have also seen instances where people reported no difference from a rear window placement (such as mine) and an external placement. i have just activated sirius so it will take a little time before i can tune into the channels. but i do get eh preview channel, and it isn't that great quality. its like AM radio witha hiss/fuzz in the background. i am using a modulator. is it just the preview channel that is shitty quality? should i wait until i am fully activated to make judgement??

any input would be great

Can't speak for the Sirius antenna, but my XM antenna is in the same place and does just fine...just as good as when I had the antenna installed on the roof of my WRX.

BTW, I thought it was a pretty cool and unobtrusive place to install it.

My guess would be your reception problems might be due to something else (interference with the FM modulator perhaps?).

Good luck. Keep us posted.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

i will, i should be able to use my sirius tomorow and i'll take it for a drive away form the house. we'll see how things go.

and i agree, its a very unobtrusive place to install it. plus the guy tucked away the modulator and tuner unit in places yet to be disclosed to even me :)

so the only thing u could find in ym car is the actual head unit, which is velcroed to the ashtray (its a perfect fit)

And thank you for choosing Sirius over XM.

XM = Clear Channel = The Devil. They're the Microsoft of the airwaves, buying up all the stations in a market and then changing them around to make them the most profit, making sure every city plays the same music so nothing is on the air that isn't endorsed by the corporate office.

And I hate them most for buying my favorite 80s station and turning it into talk radio. Who the hell listens to talk radio on FM???

Hate to crash the Sirius love-fest, but XM has a terrific jazz station too (Watercolors) that I became hooked on the day I had XM installed. Been listening too it for over a year, and been introduced to lots of new artists.

Have not yet fell asleep in the car listening to it though :)

And I haven't yet seen any horns protruding from the unit ;)

Enjoy

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived