LegacyGT.com

CT emissions. anyone current on them?

unstablementaly

like it says. i'm going back to stage 2 on sunday. that means headers and completely catless. anyone go thru CT emissions that is modded like me, recently? any problems or inspections i should be aware of? i wanna go thru saturday before i mod the car again but i may not have the chance. i'll be pretty pissed if i fail but i don't wanna have to swap out twice in a week. anywho, any knowledge , experience or advice would be appreciated.

update: went thru emissions saturday. car passed with flying colors. of course my exhaust was stock. now, ct emissions can't check ANYTHING on our cars! no smog, no smoke, no emissions. they test your check engine light and look for any engine codes thrown. computer tests on the O2 sensors. thats it, nothing more. it pretty much isn't an emissions test. with that said, my car looks modded. even though i'm running stock exhaust. with my rims and tires, obviously painted calipers and more than obvious suspension( you can see the coilovers and the green tein locking nuts thru the wheels) they didn't look under the car. of course i also brought my car in at 12:45pm on saturday, emissions closes at 1:00pm.

so, if you are modded. exhaust, stage 45, whatever, i think you will not have a problem unless your car is blowing black smoke!

it's prob like NYS. I went for an inspection in january. Nobody said a word. Basically like you said as long as you're not blowin out black smoke you're prob ok
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

o reeeally. I know the guys well at the local garage with emissions testing, Murray Brothers' garage. Im assuming the reason they cant do anything else is cause we're AWD and they dont have a 4 wheel dyno to put it on? ill have to stop in and ask if they do when im in town...

does anyone know if California does the sniffer test?

ask in the cali forums this is tri-state

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

does anyone know if California does the sniffer test?

Id say 99% chance yes. they have the most strict emissions standards of any state in the country for everything from dirtbikes to outboard motors... Even off road dirtbikes get green sticker frames or red sticker frames and red sticker bikes cant ride in the dunes like 80% of the year. they are the enviro-Nazi state. Cant have shit for guns or engines, so im never living there ill just visit...

so like others said check with the calli board but most likely they do do a sniffer test.

hahaha "do do sniffer":eek:

Archived