LegacyGT.com

Local Subaru Dealership Screwing Me

HTownLegacy

I took my car to the local stealership a couple weeks ago. I think my front driver side wheel bearing is bad. I hear a constant clicking regardless if its in gear or not. The Service Manager drove the car with me and swears he doesn't hear anything. I am about to hit 59,000 miles and I think they are just trying to screw me over so they don't have to do a warranty repair.

Anyone have any ideas what I can/should do?

And call SOA and get case #.

+1. Get it documented now.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I had a clicking noise in my car, turned out it was something with the transmission. Took it to my local dealer, he claimed there was no noise. I said it is very clearly audible when driving in a parking garage or by a curb. He actually said, that its a "refractory noise" (or some bull) and that you can hear all kinds of noises when you drive by walls, etc. I basically told him that he was an idiot and full of it, went to another dealer, explained the issues and left the car. They called me saying that they most definitely heard it, clear as day. Needless to say, the service manager from dealer #1 has since been fired and replaced with a much more competant employee.

Yea, I kept the slip that I got from the dealer showing that nothing was wrong. Is that what you are talking about when you say "Documented"?

No, "documented" would be more like getting it on record with SOA that you have a problem at 59,xxx miles but that the local dealership cannot find the problem. Get it documented that you feel that you have a problem BEFORE you get past 60K.

Archived