LegacyGT.com

Up Pipe Studs??

Tor

Ok, I have done the search and there is a little discussion on the lack studs that come from the flange of the up pipe (yes, the up pipe I purchased did not come with the studs) but nothing about how to find new ones. I tried to salvage the ones on the stock up pipe, but there was no way of getting them out and usable even using BP and heat. I did get one out, but the threads were trashed!

I called my local subaru dealer and auto parts stores and they do not show a p/n for the studs. The dealer says they come already in the stock up pipe.

Anyone know a p/n for these studs? Or the size and thread pitch of the factory studs so I can go search a hardware store? In the mean time, my car sits on a lift :mad:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Here you go, they are pricey from the dealer..... http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pc-1420-991-subaru-oem-turbo-up-pipe-stud.aspx

You might want to contact Revolutions Performance on here because they get oem parts for cheaper than invoice and might be able to save you a little money. Good luck.

Yup, M10x1.25 sounds right. I just took it to my local Napa-like store and he led me to trays of all sorts of nuts and bolts.

When you get them, just be sure to use thread lock on the uppipe threads. I believe I used the red thread lock which is the semi perminant high temp.

Archived