LegacyGT.com

Automatic sport mode.

fbi012

Guest JessterCPA
Is it possible to reprogram AT's sport shift mode in a way that neutral comes before 1st gear? so If I down shift, it doesnt stop at 1st, it goes down to N,

is it possible?

Can I ask why you would want this?

:rolleyes: yeah I do, but the reason why I got AT was because when I boguth the car, my left foot was broken which is the main reason why I bought an AT.

The reason why I want it to go to "N position" is to fool my self and feel like im driving a MT.

Guest JessterCPA
:rolleyes: yeah I do, but the reason why I got AT was because when I boguth the car, my left foot was broken which is the main reason why I bought an AT.

The reason why I want it to go to "N position" is to fool my self and feel like im driving a MT.

Seriously, why would you want this?

Guest JessterCPA
If I can downshift to Neutral, this way I wouldnt dont have to keep my foot on the breaks. Thats the main reason.

Like at a stoplight?

m@d n3utral drops y0! Dude like this one time I like against this kia sp0rtage and like his girls was all like lookin' at me and so I wuz like u wan some of my chimmichan muh chicka and then i revved it up until it was like vroom vroom vroom and i dropped into into D and and i wuz like 43 car lengths ahead and muh wheelz wuz like smokin yo and teh dude luuked st00pid cuz I maked on his gurl but now i here clunk clunk clunk and sumtimes i gets teh smoke ne1 know whats wrong wit muh car?

Guest JessterCPA
m@d n3utral drops y0! Dude like this one time I like against this kia sp0rtage and like his girls was all like lookin' at me and so I wuz like u wan some of my chimmichan muh chicka and then i revved it up until it was like vroom vroom vroom and i dropped into into D and and i wuz like 43 car lengths ahead and muh wheelz wuz like smokin yo and teh dude luuked st00pid cuz I maked on his gurl but now i here clunk clunk clunk and sumtimes i gets teh smoke ne1 know whats wrong wit muh car?

LMAO

Thats too friggin funny.

ok :confused:

43 car lenghts:lol:

OK, for any of you tough guys with MT...I will give you money if you can shift faster than my 5EAT can. Don't get me started on this debate again.
i wish i had an MT to take your money :lol: i'm assuming you are saying that after the delay it takes to shift it shifts fastar maybe? .. but you have to count the anticipation time it takes the 5EAT to shift.

i'm talking about the ~1 sec it takes to respond to a shift in 'manual' mode. dont' get me wrong, i'm not complaining .. just wanna see how firedawgs can shift fastAr than a 5MT.

Last I read there were only 2 people in the world that could shift faster/as fast as a race transmission (no clutch). Yes, I understand that we don't have race clutches. What I am saying that if I were in sports manual mode, I think it would shift faster than you could putting you foot down, clutch engage, hand move to desired gear, disengage clutch and throttle. Don't get me wrong I like the sportty feel and fun that MT is, but for me I don't not race everywhere I drive. I hate stop and go traffic, constantly playing with the clutch. Maybe I am getting old, but I prefer the automatic. I have driven sticks as long I have been driving. I took my test in a 85 Nissan Sentra with a stick. I know I could not shift faster than the Leagcy automatic if I were driving a MT.

Plus todays automatic, being 5spds and electronically controlled are much more effecient than older cars. That why you don't see much of any gas mileage difference between the two. But, that could bring up a whole other debate. Please nobody get mad at an old mans opinion. You know what they say about opinions. I am just stating mine and enjoying the great Subaru I own. :D

i'm talking about the ~1 sec it takes to respond to a shift in 'manual' mode. dont' get me wrong, i'm not complaining .. just wanna see how firedawgs can shift fastAr than a 5MT.

I know how -- put the 5EAT in sport mode (not the fakey-manual mode) and let it shift on it's own. I can guarantee it will shift faster and better than a 5MT car, and the electronics feather the throttle too. Rip snortin smooth. Unfortunately you loose momentum in the torque converter and transmission syrup, so the 5MT will still be faster. But in terms of shifting, 5EAT sport mode rules them all.

By the way, happen to think the 5EAT fakey-manual mode is pretty lame, though I do like the steering wheel buttons for ocassional downshifts when in automatic mode. Shifting with the lever is too slow and clunky.

Craig

I have datalogs that show my normal "spirited" upshift takes about .75 seconds, sometimes 1 second, timing from going zero throttle to going back WOT. I refuse to "power shift" or slam gears fast enough to damage the syncros.

yeah steering wheel buttons are worthless .. try finding those things while the steering wheel isn't exactly straight.

i like the manual mode because i can drive the car at a higher rpm with a quicker throttle response without having to have the throttle half way down or more. of course that is when i'm in an agressive driving mode.

Archived