LegacyGT.com

18G + meth, stock clutch OK?

Silverstar

I'm trying to plan out my summer upgrades, I really would like to get the car on meth, but I'm still sporting the stock clutch and may only have enough funds for one or the other.

I've only launched the car maybe 6 times total, and never once I put the 18G in. Anyone around here able to keep the stock clutch with this type of power if they are nice to it?

It looks like most everyone ends up with a stronger clutch, but I'm curious how many will admit it's because they are beating on it (the clutch I mean) and not just because of the power.

TIA

My clutch did fine through 3 months with my AVO 420 and supporting mods. The only reason why I changed it was because I went away for a while and wasn't in need of the car meaning I could afford to have it stripped down for a few days. I see no reason why you would have to change it out if you're reasonable with the car.

I've been running on the stock clutch for a year now with a 20G. No slipping at all, other than the one day I took it to the track. I will be upgrading the clutch shortly though, as I do want to take it back to the track and get some better times. I find I can't launch with any power at all with the stock clutch.

Dave

________

Avandia Settlement

Archived