LegacyGT.com

Any recent purchases in Arizona?

I've been lurking around here for a while and have recently decided that I want to purchase a Spec.B. Yes, I know I can just get the LGT and a few after market upgrades and have the same thing or better. ;)

Anyway, are there any of you who have recently purchased from an Arizona dealer (preferably metro Phoenix area) that would be willing to show me your paperwork? It doesn't need to have been a Spec.B since I'm just trying to get an idea of the various fees that the dealerships try to charge (after negotiating a sale) so that I can be prepared when I go shopping.

Thanks!

Sorry ... that I couldn't be more of a help to you, I bought my LGT a long time ago ....

That's cool. Did you buy it from a local dealership? If so, if you'd like to tell me how your experience was and what dealership, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks.

I've been lurking around here for a while and have recently decided that I want to purchase a Spec.B. Yes, I know I can just get the LGT and a few after market upgrades and have the same thing or better. ;)

Anyway, are there any of you who have recently purchased from an Arizona dealer (preferably metro Phoenix area) that would be willing to show me your paperwork? It doesn't need to have been a Spec.B since I'm just trying to get an idea of the various fees that the dealerships try to charge (after negotiating a sale) so that I can be prepared when I go shopping.

Thanks!

I bought a LGT last month from Power Subaru in Scottsdale. I checked the other 3 dealers in Phoenix (Camelback, Avondale, and Steven Jory) but they were the only one able to get the car I wanted. I'll try to remember to look this up for you when I get home tonight.

I think the documentation fees were a little excessive (compared to the Mustang I bought in 1999). They did try to tack on a bunch of extras when the sales manager got involved. They did offer a discount for warranties, lojack, etc. if you are a Costco member.

I'd rate my experience with Power Subaru a C+. They offered very little for my trade-in, although their pricing wasn't bad. They don't pressure you too much, but they overcharge for their accessories and options you want added later.

I give Avondale Subaru an F. They are a bunch of jerks. If you set foot on their lot and you don't buy a car, they try to prevent you from leaving. They are way too in-your-face for my liking. Too bad too, as they by far have the best selection of cars. The LGT we were test driving though had 4,000 miles on it, was kinda beat up (the lettering on the SI drive and other buttons had worn off), and they still wanted full price for it.

I give Camelback Subaru a D. They are the Costco member preferred dealer. I spoke to a lady on the phone and she said she was going to find me the car I wanted. She called me one morning and left a message asking me for specs on the car I wanted. I called her back and got her voicemail. I happened to be in the neighborhood so I went down there the same day and was ignored by everyone on the lot so I left. About a week later I got a call from another guy who said she was no longer with the company (I guess they fired her). He said he found the car I wanted in California and would send me the info the next morning (it was 9PM when we spoke). I never heard from him again. Two weeks later another guy called saying they had two Spec.Bs in stock like I wanted (after I specifically requested a GT). A different guy called a week later and I told the guy I already bought a car from the other dealer and he told me I shouldn't have bought an automatic because the GT sucks compared to the Spec.B.

Steven Jory I give an incomplete -- they didn't seem interested in selling me a car when I asked them for a quote. I heard from them about two weeks after I got my car and asked if I was still looking. I told them I already had one.

Overall I'd give my experience at all four dealers a C-.

i bought my car from camelback. the fleet guy was friendly enough (i haggled over the phone). the finance guy was a total TOOL and tried to jack me since he knew i had flown in from CA to pick up the car. they tried to tack on all kinds of BS fees but i just refused to pay them (including that ridiculous charge for some magical paint sealant).

I just bought an 07 Spec from a guy in Cali for $26K. It had 12,xxx miles on it. Best I can suggest is look going aways a bit. There is a guy on ClubWRX.net (dealer) that will sell everythign at cost less hold back and what not. He quoted a new spec at $31,3xx He is in Tenn though. Good luck.

Archived