LegacyGT.com

exhaust alignment?

fbi012

so Im not sure if its only me but I kinda find the left exhaust lower than the right side, are all LGTs like that or I should check it out?

I'll try to post pics later.

Edit: I found this picture on my computer and I circuled what I exactly mean.

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/5035/wat8cq.jpg

To answer the original question.

Yes, I've noticed that many LGT's left exhaust tip sits a bit lower than the right.

Mine also did this. I verified by placing my fingers between the exhaust tip and the

plastic bumper cover.

I fix this I used a little "zip tie" and looped it around the part part that's attached to

the body via that black rubber dampener. Then draw it up by pulling the zip tie.

Once it's at exactly the same level, cut the part of the zip tie that's hanging out.

Problem solved. Total time about 2 minutes. Total cost = pennies!

If you want you can always go to a muffler shop. I had the same thing happen when I had my SRT-4 and the shop evened them out for $40. Could be worth it, I didn't mind spending the money and I'd prob do the same again if it happens to my Leg. Just my thoughts.

ok so I went to the dealer today and he kinda knows what Im talking about, I also told them about the carpet hook, they dont have it but they're going to order it, so when this arrives I'll probably fix both and update you guys.

Engine paint?

Yep, flat engine enamel, like 1500 degrees. You know me - if it can be cheaply customized, I'll do it! Even now, the average person would look at my car and see just a bone stock car.

I've painted the exhaust black on all my cars. To me the chrome tips should be the focus, not the Folgers cans.

Archived