LegacyGT.com

Subaru paint affected by bird poop! Video

ABPillinois

Poor paint quality ? Sorry... but I believe it!

I bought a new Impreza 2009, 10 months ago, at this time de car show less than 16 000 km. My wife is driving this car a total of 35 km each days + our road trips outside the region... all on roads paved. She's a very soft driver, so forget right away the possible theory about doing lateral drifting and things like that, be sure of that, my wife is not this kind of driver.

So, we chose the color black and now the lower part of the car is white (primer) only because of the road sand blast ???. Not Looking very nice !... never saw that on my others cars, I'm very desappointed. Same things on the lower leading edge of rear doors but around this area it's direct on metal, no trace or indication of primer.

What about the hood? Even with rocks deflector 100% of the small gravel or rocks touchning the hood left a mark direct to the metal... the paint coating look so thin and so fragile, no primer under that !!!???! I dont understand why the paint on my subaru is degrading so quickly, for me it's completly abnormal.

My wife love our Subaru, she feel safe with it and It's a wonderfull car especially during the Québec winter, but I'm pissed off about the Subaru paint.

I don't think it's just Subaru paint as much as paint in general is made soft. The last 3 cars I've had have all had very soft paint. I have always tried to keep my cars clean; my only complaint about my 09 legacy is the tan cloth seats show everything. That’s what I get for getting the car with white seats. lol

If we compare solvent based paint... with the new generation of paint. I think water based paints are too soft to protect car againts flying rock or roads elements. Its not ready for the market. It's not strong enought, too fragile! If you go to:

http://www.subaru-earth.com

You'll be able to read that:

''Subaru embodies the true spirit of environmental consciousness.''

''At Subaru we believe that corporations should clearly recognize their social responsibility to continuously do their part to minimize any negative environmental impact that may be created as a result to their commercial activities.''

''Apart from continually striving to make the Subaru line of vehicles more efficient and more environmentally sensitive, reducing the environmental impact of each stage of its operations''

Now, explain to me what the use to have a environmental paint if this ''water born paint'' is not able to protect your car adequately. The paint on your car is suppose to do the job, it's suppose to protect againts rust with minimums standards... The rust on my car start at 5000 km and now at 17000 km / 10 months my black car is white at the lower part! No paint anymore!

I did 450 000 km with a Corolla SR5, 1984 (using the car during 18 years) with a almost perfect original paint, only doing washing & waxing. And now... talk to me about the environmental impact.... the paint of my Subaru 2009 is degrading so fast, it looks already old...

Anyway, if you change your car each 2 years, your not going to see that...

So long!

312533228_blackpaintisdisapearing.thumb.jpg.37079f5c82d78a70a1f11304e03f9dc0.jpg

413945817_porteetbasdecaisse-1.thumb.jpg.72626be0ca4573a11cd6c09d2fec3441.jpg

Archived