LegacyGT.com

Custom exhaust question (2.5i)

TJF37

Okay. So I'm looking into doing a custom exhaust for my subaru, and I have a few questions.

1. How big in diameter should I go from the Cat back?

2. The guy that quoted me told me to use the magnaflow mufflers... which 1? (im pretty sure theres about a million)

3. What do the custom exhausts usually cost? his quote seemed low... (not gonna argue with that though)

I tried searching but couldnt find answers to my questions... Thanks in advance

magnaflow is great in my eyes, it iss all I have really used on any of my cars...

his quote isn't bad but you would do better buying the mufflers on ebay and taking them in and just paying the labor to have them welded up.

what is your goal? better flow, or just better sound? it is plausible to achieve both with your existing piping and just replacing mufflers. I haven't looked under an 08 but was pretty sure most of the piping was already 2.5"

$375 is a decent quote. A good shop around Dallas would charge around 500-600 for two magnaflows and new piping. any piping used unless stainless is going to be inferior to your stock pipes, the stuff 80% of those guys use is prone to rusting so keep that in mind. You also need to know what mufflers he quoted...anodized or stainless. if stainless that is a pretty good deal.

Archived