LegacyGT.com

Phoenix, AZ Tuners?

mcw82

After several months of lurking/reading the forums here, I'm getting an itch that won't go away. Mind you, it's not a physical itch...more subliminal. Where do people who aren't mechanically inclined take their Legacy for tuning and upgrades? I've found two shops, Vivid and DynoComp. The hesitation I have with both are bad comments for Vivid and the apparent lack of offerings at DynoComp. There are always two sides of the coins, so I can't discount either. Are there any other choices in Phoenix or maybe Tucson?

I've identified the areas where I want to upgrade - suspension, Cobb Accessport, and possibly a catted DP from Cobb as well (in that order). I haven't had an opportunity to test my brakes but the majority of posts here seem to advice upgrading the brakes sometime before or immediately after any performance upgrades.

Help would be appreciated for a Subie noob.

I've read good things about Clark. Anyone know where he works? Independent?

Goodspeed performance

Asfar as Dyno Comp I recently had to get my car flashed back to stock for mechanical reasons, Rich (owner and tuner for Dyno Comp) told me he would give me a deal on retuning it to stage 2 when i was ready his deal for me - $600 mind you i had already had my car tuned to stage one through him

So instead I contacted Travis (Treefrogaz on Nasioc) he is the part owner and tuner for snailperformance and i can tell you right now i wish i would have gone to him to begin with he only charged me $200 and showed me everything he was doing and why he was doing it. That is who i would reccomend.

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

No ... I think the guys Joe and others that used to work at Dynocomp opened their own shop Goodspeed down in Tempe .. I really need to stop down there to check it out :) Hey did I see you driving north on the 101 the other day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rob at Forced Air Technologies (northwest PHX) is not only a genius but very friendly, informative, patient and one cool guy to boot. His specialty is Subaru engines. He has a very impressive shop and he is the reason I bought a turbo Subaru. This shop is worth checking out.

Also, Randy at Motorweb can help you out with your LGT. He has plans for mine and I have only had it two weeks.

Archived