LegacyGT.com

Good Alignment/Corner Balance Shop

j255c

Have had my coilovers on for a while, going to get it properly aligned this summer. Wondering if anyone know a good alignment/corner balancing shop near Westchester area.

Suspension.

Tein Flex Coilovers

Perrin PSRS

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 2 months later...
Headed over to EG tire today man do they do good work. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a knowledgeable, perfected corner balance and alignment. I've never been this happy with my suspension before, i've had atleast 5 alignments done to this car since i've owned it, this shop blew all the other ones away.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I went EuroTire today in Fairfield, NJ. I've never done a corner balancing before so I'm not really sure how to describe them. But here goes:

They were pretty quick, it only took them about 1.5 hours to corner balance and then do the alignment. I gave the the recommended alignment settings that RCE supplied with the Tarmac 1's (-1.5* front camber, rear camber not adjustable, 0* toe all around, 3.5*-6* front caster).

From what I've read on here, I thought that most corner balancing places would take your weight into account and work with balast in the drivers chair. I mentioned to them that I never told them how much I weighed (too much... if you need to know :() and they said that when they do corner balancing, they can't move enough weight around to offset "me" in the car. They then said that they just offset my weight by playing with the alignment slightly. <shrug> I don't know enough about suspension settings to argue with them so.. I let it go.

So they corner balanced the car and did an alignment and here's what came out (no numbers of what it was before they toyed with it).

Alignment:

---Front---- (Left/Right)

Camber: -1.43* / -1.30* (They said they maxed it out so that's it)

Cross Camber: -0.13*

Caster: 5.70* / 5.14*

Cross Caster: 0.57*

SAI: - / -

Included Angle: - / -

Toe: -0.00*/ -0.00*

Set Back: 0.09*

Turning Angle Diff.: - / -

---Rear--- (Left/Right)

Camber: -0.81* / -0.51*

Toe: 0.00* / 0.00*

Total Toe: 0.00*

Thrust Angle: 0.00*

Corner Weight:

---Front--- (Left/Right)

Actual Weight: 965.0 / 963.0

Ideal Weight: 964.6 / 963.4

Adjusted Weight: 0.11 / -0.11

---Rear--- (Left/Right)

Actual Weight: 719.0 / 719.0

Ideal Weight: 719.4 / 718.6

Adjusted Weight: -0.11 / 0.11

---Cross-Weight---

RR x LF: 1684.0 lb (50%)

LR x RF: 1682.0 lb (50%)

Adjusted: 0.43 lb

---Total Weight---

Car: 3366.0 lb

Front: 1928.0 lb (57%)

Rear: 1438.0 lb (43%)

Left: 1684.0 lb (50%)

Right: 1682.0 lb (50%)

So if I'm reading it right, it looks like they barely had to adjust the balance of the car? A total of 0.43 pounds moved?

I gave the car a quick measure again and it looks like they raised (from 25.5" I set beforehand):

Front (Driver/Passenger): 2/16" / 6/16" (or 1/8" and 3/8" for those that like reduced fractions instead of continuity)

Rear (Driver/Passenger): 3/16" / 3/16"

For the camber, they said that when I'm in the car, the camber on the left-side should go up about 0.1*? So the front would go from -1.43* to about -1.33* and the rear.. well, they can't change the rear. Is that right? Ahh, I need to learn more, soo much more. Although, the car tracks straight, no drifting or anything, and my wheel is centered again. So.. I guess it can't be that bad if anything at all.

If the suspension guru's around here like the numbers, then they're a pretty decent place to go to. Quick, clean, friendly, A/C in the waiting room upstairs (where you can watch what they're doing, hence the pictures), not too expensive ($125 alignment, $140 corner balancing).

Some locals seemed to like them from what I gathered when I talked to them. Some guy brought his 645i in there to have his tires moved to new wheels. Another brought his RX-7 in to have coilovers installed, balanced, aligned. So.. yea, that's it and the end of my novel :lol:

Oh, here's a link to some number that Xenonk had when he did his for those like me that don't know very much and just want to see numbers: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=60764&postcount=1

PIC-0027.jpg.9456f331e1bdd7a3d21d85016568baae.jpg

PIC-0028.jpg.1c70141795bd5143c71ea8d297281f9d.jpg

PIC-0029.jpg.d72a6345718fb949e96e55d1c86b7fec.jpg

PIC-0030.jpg.8fcc9e77be7f780778cea17928fa6e37.jpg

^ That supposed "maxed out camber" isn't sitting right with me... did they open the hood at all to adjust the bolts on top to change camber? Coilovers with camber plates in the front should not max out at less than 1.5* That's pretty near to what stock can get. And some of their explanations sounds a bit weird to me, like how the car will gain positive camber when you sit in it...weird :confused: Maybe I'm mistaken or I misread... Josh should be able to give you a better opinion of the place.

Archived