LegacyGT.com

real bbs sti rims??

FoxHound

something about these makes me think they not 100% bbs.. i am going crazy or what... maybe it is because i have never seen that center cap...

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used/imglarge_20070515122107_1.jpg

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used/imglarge_20070515122107_3.jpg

IMO sti rims are over rated. Sure thay are forged and strong, but they arent that light for 17x7.5 rims at 18lbs. And whats more, they are always way too overpriced for used rims.

Better off getting a set of 17x8 OZ ultralaggeras. Brand new, they are affordable from tirerack(less than most used sets of 04 sti rims), and they weigh the same as the sti rims. furthermore, if you bend one, you wont have to go crazy searching all over to find a replacement especailly since its even harder to fine someone willing to break up a set of sti rims to sell you one. And the OZ's are wider too so you can run that 245 wide tire;)

really? hmmm..werent there a whole bunch of posts saying that the rims were 18lbs. are you weighing 04 sti rims, or rims from later years?

04 STI rims. we weighed them at the dealership when we installed the rubber last year and I did this morning. I was pretty sure they were 16 lbs. so that's why I weighed them again. I'll post up the pics of the weight if you'd like. They are sooo much lighter than my ASA's! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

They are still not worht the money people are asking for them used. I have 18x8 SSR's that weigh 16lbs and brand new, they cost me less than a set of used sti bbs rims.

Mine were in excellent shape and 600.

If you bought ssr's at that price, good on you, but they were used and a great deal or on closeout. either way, your argument for not being able to find a replacement if needed is in effect.

those sti rims you posted are actually made by enkei not bbs

correct.

They are still not worht the money people are asking for them used. I have 18x8 SSR's that weigh 16lbs and brand new, they cost me less than a set of used sti bbs rims.

I paid $800.... per set! gold and silver.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived