LegacyGT.com

Wiper de-icer inop.

impostor

I started this out in turbo powertrains thinking maybe it was related to the AP reflash but its now obvious it isnt. Fuses are good, and all conditions are the same as described in the owners manual.

Well, I took it to work the other day (a subie dealer) and borrowed a switch out of another LGT. Didnt work, so I got some relays that are known to be good. Still didnt work so I hooked up the select monitor. The CAN/LAN is getting a good signal from the switch.

The only other thing it could be is a short in the wiring or a bad control unit. I was also thinking that there could be a defect in the windshield itself. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jim

Got glass insurance? Got a hammer?

yes and yes. Ill see to it that warranty WILL be fixing this though. I have power to the relay terminals and good grounds. Its the control unit or else the connector at the windshield came apart, which wouldnt surprise me a bit, judging by where these cars are built. Hopefully for their sake they dont have to replace the control unit or they will buying and programming 3 new keys as well.

This is very frustrating to have a car this new with problems already and hearing everybody elses problems.

Jim

Archived