LegacyGT.com

Fixing keyed marks

Voo

Some #@$@# keyed my car, (driver's door AND passenger-side rear door). It's not too deep, but there's some white showing. She's a black '06 Leggy.

I was thinking of buying some touch-up paint from Subaru and trying to fix it, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be smooth job. Is there any other option/suggestions other than taking the car in to be repainted?

Thanks.

is it just in the clear coat? if you scratch at it lightly with your fingernail do you feel a really hard edge or does the edge still feel kind of round and your nail rolls out of the scratch easy. if that is the case you may beable to get it buffed to get the white to go away, granted it wont be 100% but it should look better than gobs of touch-up.

According to what you are saying it is deep. Unfortunately tauch up paint will look defferent so your car will have stripe of darker paint. You can try buffing it but do not count on it much. As for my personal experience scratch removers will not do you any good. You can try to use little decorative stripes along the side fo your car if it will cover scratch mark. They are cheap and do not look rice.

From experience touch up paint is probably going to look pretty bad. The fact that you are sensitive about the marks in the first place tells me you won't be happy unless a pro does work on them. I haven't had any paint work done on my Subaru but my old Toyota visited the dealer on many occasions for scratch cover-up work. It was white non-pearl/metallic and for around $100 a shot my dealer called in a "paint and bumper" company to spray the affected area in the parking lot. The work was very hard to see if at all in my experience. I'd call around and see if some dealerships in your area have this kind of relationship with an outside company to touch up their used vehicles as well. Good Luck!

Damn, you got me spot on there TechnoMnc :p

Thanks for the tips all, I figured I would have to get the affected areas professionally fixed, but was hoping that there might have been a more cost-effective method that I had over looked.

Also, does anyone have little vertical marks on their hood? They are about 1-2mm long all in the same direction. Could it be the result of road chips? I'll get pics and post 'em later today!

Archived