LegacyGT.com

'01 H-6 problem: Car jerks and/or stalls from a stop

Alrighty I cleaned the IACV, today. Per a recommendation, I used carb cleaner, followed up by PB Blaster. A comment on the NASIOC thread said that carb cleaner can eat at gaskets, so I tried my best to wipe it all out, then did the PB Blaster and wiped that out. There was a lot of gunk in there!

The gasket looked okay, expanded but not broken or brittle. I replaced it anyway, with a new OE one. $8 and change, yikes. :eek: I'd picked up some stainless hex bolts and lock washers to replace those screws, too. Yeah they're VERY soft; I almost couldn't get the bottom one out, it stripped a bit.

I did not reset the ECU, but started it up and there wasn't any weird reactions or smoke. That's always good. ;) My wife then had to leave, she's driving an hour up and back from an appointment. So though it hasn't done the rpm drop thing in a few days anyway, we'll see how it does.

As for the A/C, it didn't help that, but I'm going to pick up some R134a recharge and try that, first. If it doesn't work, well my guess is that the compressor is dead. Unless the A/C relay in the engine compartment could go bad, I dunno. The fuse in the driver's cabin is fine.

Archived