LegacyGT.com

Road trip experiences in the Subie

SubieAA

I just took my first roadtrip down to New York City and Back last Sunday. The LGT is a really great cruising car after all. The handling at speed on the highway is great. If any of you head down to New York, I recommend taking 84 to the Saw Mill Parkway down the Hudson for a great drive. Managed to avoid the CT speed traps.

I didn't think I would enjoy roadtripping in this car much, but it was particularly enjoyable. The turbo definitely "warmed up" after an hour on the road. The Nokian's may also have been a factor.

Turbo XS UP, Perrin catless DP, and GReddy Evo II catback for 4 hours to NJ at a constant 75-80mph cruising = the biggest headache and most annoying ear drone ever. I was almost ready to pull my exhaust off then. I felt bad for my back seat passenger. Fortunately, I dont travel on highways all that often, so it stayed on.

I just took my first roadtrip down to New York City and Back last Sunday. The LGT is a really great cruising car after all. The handling at speed on the highway is great. If any of you head down to New York, I recommend taking 84 to the Saw Mill Parkway down the Hudson for a great drive. Managed to avoid the CT speed traps.

I didn't think I would enjoy roadtripping in this car much, but it was particularly enjoyable. The turbo definitely "warmed up" after an hour on the road. The Nokian's may also have been a factor.

The Sawmill was my old test track!!!!!!! Fun! The guard rails are a real test for the faint hearted, particularly when you pass on the outside:lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I took a $99 plane ride to Pennsylvannia from Rhode Island. Bought my Legacy and drove it back to RI (6 hours). Last year I drove 1,014 miles for charity during the 48Hours of Tristate over at NASIOC. The car is definitely a good cruiser. I felt bad for the imprezas with coilovers; must of been a bitch.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

The Sawmill was my old test track!!!!!!! Fun! The guard rails are a real test for the faint hearted, particularly when you pass on the outside:lol::lol:

It was a Porshe Cayenne S, a Jajuar XJT, and I doing our best version of "The Italian Job". The ridiculous merges and sharp turns mean definitley not for the faint hearted. but the great fun and you can not find a more scenic path to the city. The other two cars were locals and knew when to do what which gave them the edge, lol:).

Archived