LegacyGT.com

'99 Legacy GT recommendations?

Hey guys, I was recently going through craigslist and got a 99 legacy sedan real cheap, 5 speed 2.5 liter, new clutch and rebuilt engine with 150 miles, something like 130,000 on the chassis. :)

Anyway, the guy was selling it cheap because of some cosmetic damage that was never repaired after the car was salvaged, though there's no frame damage and the major things from the crash (hood, bumper, radiator) are all new and working, drove real straight. Only problem I saw immediately was a minor oil leak from the oilpan seal, pretty sure I can tackle that with a new gasket or possibly a new pan.

Anyway, this is going to be my second car and more for fun, and I'm going to have about $500 extra to start it up with the first round of mods. I'm planning on staying with the N/A route from here, so probably going to start with intake and exhaust to get it breathing right before more serious mods.

So I'm looking for a good place to go shopping for after market parts for this car, and good brands to look for. I'm new to the Subaru tuning scene and I'm sure it's probably different than the Kia one I came from. :lol:

tl;dr: I'm looking for some starter mods for the GT, I have about $500 to spend, any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived