LegacyGT.com

Stuck from Rusted Brakes

This happened to me last year once with my parking brake. When it's snowy or freezing temps outside I just leave the car in first gear and turn the front tires to the curb. Depends on which way I'm parked on a hill though.

This has happened to me as well, I usually do what peterjmc does though my parent's house is on a pretty steep hill so I always use the parking brake there.

Eric

Check out KVR brakes.. the rotors have Cadmium plating which should help resolve this problem... my rotors *stock* rust overnight as well.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/KVR/kvrrotors.html

Huh...what?? Sure, the cad plating will help hold off rust where the pads don't touch the rotor, but the swept area of the rotor will still rust just like stockers. It sounds like folks are having issues with their pads oxidizing to the rotor surface, which the cad plating will have no effect on. Brake pads are abrasive and will wear off any 'normal' plating that is on the rotor.

Only coating I can think of that would stand a chance to hold up would be a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating. Stuff is as hard as diamonds, but slick as graphite and would take some time to come off. Problem would be the graphite like properties as you would have an extremely low coeffient of friction...bad for brakes!

Archived