LegacyGT.com

Hope I dont sound dumb...

The Legacy NA is the EJ253...

I didnt have any specifics in mind, but I was looking into the Borla header from the previous gen, and someone has already said that fits, so Im assuming MOSt but not ALL items would fit. The engine layout is not much different, so only slight variations are present.

• 2 weeks later...
What type of intake?

I think the NA engine is the EJ251, but I could be wrong.

The previous Legacy engine is the EJ251 (at least my '02 is). But I do believe that the new one is EJ253, with the addition of a few more horses.

I asked two different RS owners tonight what the optimal exhaust diameter was (I didn't do my exhaust, so I didn't look into it).

The both answered at the same time, and gave me different answers. :lol:

In theory, 2.25" is the best all around, but 2.5" will give you slightly more peak HP and the expense of lower end power. They also got to arguing about equal length headers versus non-equal length, so I walked away :p

About equal length headers, yeah, thats what I've heard, but I haven't done them myself, so I don't know for certain.

Headers will give you a little bit of lower end power (don't think it will give you much top end), but they also help free up the whole exhaust system, which should net you more power then just a cat-back part individually. I agree, for now you don't really need to worry about it, but in the future it may be something to think about.

Archived