LegacyGT.com

Any Reputable Tire/Wheel Shops in Tarrant County?

hal9e3

Sam & Joe's Foreign Car in Arlington seems to have a few very enthusiastic recommendations at the Tire Rack website. Apparently you just need to make sure they mount directional tires correctly, but that was probably an isolated incident. I wanted to have them mount tires to my Rotas but they don't have weekend hours. Kind of weird for a tire/auto shop...

Get their info here:

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/InstallerDetail.jsp?index=1&addressAdmin=false&zipCode=76002&installermiles=3

HTH

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

Funny you should mention them. They scratched all four 16" wheels on my Integra a few years back during a mount/balance. I had to sue them in small claims court to get them to cover the damage. I too found them under Tire Rack's Recommended Installer listings. Funny how my review never showed up on their Web site, even tho I submitted it twice and talked to the head of their Installation department. I later tried another listed shop, Fort Worth Automotive, who even tho their bio on Tire Rack's Web site said they could handle 18s, couldn't even fix my 16. They also, yep, you guessed it, scratched one wheel before deciding they couldn't help me. My review of them didn't get posted either. Needless to say I don't use Tire Rack's Recommended Installer listings anymore. I should have posted this sooner, but I'm glad you didn't go to Sam & Joe's before you saw this.

Ouch! Thanks for the head's up... ;)

Actually, I got to know a couple of the guys that work in the Costco tire center, and they always treated me right. Unfortunately, they got so busy that they changed their policy such that they only work on your car if you bought your tires from them.

They happen to carry Bridgestone, so if you're just in love with the RE-92 (haha), you can at least look to them for replacements, and then take advantage of the good service. They'll also special order stuff, which for me is nice so I can get the RE-070 again or maybe RE-750 once the STi's stockers wear out

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

LiquidIQ and SilverSpool on NASIOC turned me on to Hamm's on Denton Highway in Watauga. Took my car up there today to get a flat fixed and they did a good job. They're even open on Sundays. Thanks guys!

Archived