LegacyGT.com

Denver Subaru Dealers - Service

Rockinblue

I would like to know as well. I bought my car in Colorado Springs but live in Denver. Right now I'm at 1200 miles and getting ready for my first oil change. I'm trying to decide between John Elway in Golden, Shortline in Aurora or Burt on Broadway. Right now I'm leaning towards John Elway as I had a honda a few cars back and their service there was great. No telling what it will be like in Golden though.

I bought my car at Mike Shaw in Thorton, but live in Lakewood, so I'm looking at the same three dealerships for service. John Elway in Golden is the closest to my workplace. I got my car last month so I don't need service yet, but I'm still looking for recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my car in for service at Mike Shaw in Thorton to install some options and fix a few factory flaws, and I had no problems. But it sure is a drive from Lakewood to Thorton, especially with rush hour traffic. It took me forever to get home. While waiting to pick up my car I spoke briefly to another guy waiting for his WRX that was in for service. He said that his WRX is modded and the service people seem friendly, but I didn't get a chance to ask about the quality of the service.

I have a couple of minor issues that still need to be addresses with my car. Plastic handle for the gas filler door release is loose, and the passenger seat seems to rattle when going over bumps. I'm going to give John Elway in Golden a try.

• 4 weeks later...

when I was looking at an STi, Shaw in Thornton was friendly to mods, if they do them...they have one of the aftermarket tuning shops there and will install their products...not sure how they will do for DIY installs, or how they will have it affect your warranty. I think they should be pretty friendly, although I did not go through them for the purchase of my car...they never responded to my requests through the internet...so there :p

Has anybody used Burt on Broadway, as I might be moving down south late fall?

For now, i think i am going to Flatirons as that is closest to my house...outside of Shaw that is. But I only have 137 miles on the car as of this morning...so it will be a while.

Does anyone know if Flatirons has and uses the M1 5w30 synthetic? I don't want to buy my oil seperate and bring it in for service changes...

cheers

jon

I bought my car from Mike Shaw for the reason I was told that they had a aftermarket tuning shop but after ordering my car a waiting 10 weeks was told when we were signing the paper work "oh we don't do that anymore" so I was a little pissed. Plus I had a lot of problems dealing with them once my car came in. Which they have fixed now. But my wife and I bought our other car a 2002 Outback at Burt and in the last few years they had a jackass service writer that treated people like crap and has since been fired and the lady that replaced him is super super cool. Last week the check engine light came on in the Outback and it had something to do with the cat converter and when my wife took it in they fixed everything under warranty. I also took my new wagon in there after I had tried to get the door handle fixed -warranty issue-at Mike Shaw twice and the first time I went into Burt about the door handle and talking to the service lady about the problems we had in the past with Burt she had the part there the next day and when they were installing it I asked if they could do a oil change -1500 miles- and they did it for free. So needless to say Burt has by business. Check out the Silver GT on I-25 at 3:00 post. :lol::lol:

Don't like to brag, but I work at John Elway Subaru SOUTH, and I think out service dept is pretty friggin good. From an insiders perspective, the techs all do a great job, and treat everyone fairly. If anyone has any questions about service or buying Subarus in the Denver area, you can call me at 303-619-9555 or email adriantilley@gmail.com

That is interesting I was actually sitting down and talking to one of your sales guys -after a test drive and several phone conversations- to buy a new Legacy GT and we had the deal all worked out and when my wife and I came in and we were writing the paper work up and he says "Let me go get the OK from my boss" and comes back and wanted to charge me more than what we agreed on. Then the used car manager -big guy with a belly, geled up hair and a dip in his mouth- comes walking over and gives me a nood and says "We can't do that deal we are not in business to lose money." PLEASE! First he could have shaken my wifes hand and mine and asked if we could work out a deal but he didn't say anything else. So needless to say I lost all respect for John Elway just because of THIS GUY. I know I look younger but I'm 34 years old and he treated my wife and I like CRAP and I will NEVER give John Elway any of my business. When I was looking to buy my car I called Burt, John Elway -South- and Mike Shaw. I told every sales guy that I talked to that I had a V.I.P. deal through IMBA -International Mountain Bicycling Association- and even though Mike Shaw said he would bet anyones deal by $200. I was still going to buy my car from John Elway -South-.

CAYM in all sincerity your service department may be really good but your sales guys usually have to sell the cars to get the people in your shop but thanks to one of your sales managers I'm sorry that I will never know. I even sent John Elway -South- a e-mail and never got a reply.

The funny thing is that it is easier to buy a $300,000.00 house than it is to buy a new f_-_ing car. Why is this the true? :mad:

Jonny-

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I haven't had anyone else say that they were not treated well-certainly never any of my customers. As for the person you're referring to, he doesn't work at our dealership any more.

As for people beating deals, everyone will say they will beat anyone else's deal by $X.xx While this is a great idea, obviously it can't always be true, otherwise people would just go back and forth between dealers until they were getting the car for free.

Again, sorry for the bad experience. Anyone dealing with me will get the real story and will never have any complaints.

adrian

One strong recommendation for Auto Excel Lodo in Downtown. Rick is an automotive electrical systems engineer and has some really nifty tool to diagnose problems before other mechanics. Very meticulous. He keeps two Outbacks and a Pathfinder in my family running well. Possibly not the cheapest, but definitely the best that I have found. Probably less expensive than the dealer though.

Send me a note if you are interseted, I have a handful of referal cupons that he sent out that I think gives you a nice discount your first time in.

For service, my family's cars (3 Subarus, 4 counting the one we donated-'93 Legacy, '87 Wagon, '92 Loyale, '01 Impreza RS) have benefited tremendously from Speedy Roopair in Aurora (303-343-3619).

We've known, and followed, the owner (Dave) for the last 8 years of his Subaru career. Basically, dealer quality and peace of mind without the name brand cost. They are beginning to expand their services to fit both the repair/maintenance AND performance needs of Subaru owners. Check them out.

Archived