LegacyGT.com

Stromung Question

evan55

I'm looking at getting a dual-tip Stromung axleback with a custom midpipe and ebay borla headers for my 2001 Legacy GT Sedan.

I was looking at some sites such as boxer4racing and subaruplanet that are selling Stromung exhausts and some of the sites/people say that the dual tip will not fit my car, and other say that it does fit..

Does anyone here know weather the dual tip will fit? or if there is a difference in sound between single vs dual?

the main reason for it not fitting is the lack of a exhaust cutout in the rear bumper cover. You may have to trim the bumper cover to fit it. Also the pipe on the muffler may need to be lengthened too but since you are doing somthing custom, you are dealing with that problem anyways.

There's essentially no sound difference between the single and dual tip Stromung mufflers, at least as far as my ears can discern on a stock 3rd Gen NA Legacy/Outback, a Forester or Impreza 2.5RS. Can't recall whether I've heard this on an otherwise stock FI Subaru, but my sense is that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference there either.

And FWIW, as others have indicated, the dual-tip will not fit your Legacy without modifying your bumper cover, or bending your muffler hangers to "drop" it down, which would not look aesthetically pleasing at all. If it were my ride, I'd go with the single tip and call it very good. You can't go wrong with the Stromung sound.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

this is really confusing. subaruparts.com says it will fit, still waiting to hear from boxer4racing, and stromung them selves

EDIT: boxer4racing says its the exact same part, just the tips are different

• 2 weeks later...

Archived