LegacyGT.com

Changing brake fluid on my 06 LGT

CTATV

Hey I have an 06 Spec.b and am going to do the 30,000 mile service myself. Looking on the checklist I see I have to change the brake fluid so Im going to go ahead and do that. I havent ever done it before but my uncle does work on all his car so if i cant figure it out he can always come and help me out with it. If anybody has any tips id love to hear them

also, any recommendations on what fluid I should put in there (brand/type/etc) Any other cheap changes I should make while im doing it? Not ready to do braided lines and not going to change current pads/disks till they need to be done so other than that any other things?

and yes I already read Clint's sticky on brakes and brake fluid

Well, just make sure you have another person with you to pump the brake and you will be fine. It's pretty easy really, somewhat time consuming though. ATE Super Blue is pretty popular. IMO if you don't plan on taking the car to the track there really isn't whole lot to be gain from getting expensive brake fluid.

cool, yeah im home next week for spring break can roll in the garage and take my time. Uncle owns own computer biz so he can come over and help if my dad isnt around

Archived