LegacyGT.com

Help installing Kartboy STS

Rockets GT

• 1 year later...

Rockets, I see we have the same car. How did the Kartboy STS install go? I'm in the market for a sts and I'm debating between Kartyboy and Cobb.

Last night I tried an OBXT w/ a cobb while the car was sitting. I liked the improve over the stock vagueness, but I noticed that a bit more efffort and force from the driver was required to shift. Did you notice anything like this after your install? ANother Kartboy sts guy said no.

Have you tried the Cobb sts? Did you consider it? Would you mind getting together sometime so that I could take a look at yours?

Thanks.

Rockets, I see we have the same car. How did the Kartboy STS install go? I'm in the market for a sts and I'm debating between Kartyboy and Cobb.

Last night I tried an OBXT w/ a cobb while the car was sitting. I liked the improve over the stock vagueness, but I noticed that a bit more efffort and force from the driver was required to shift. Did you notice anything like this after your install? ANother Kartboy sts guy said no.

Have you tried the Cobb sts? Did you consider it? Would you mind getting together sometime so that I could take a look at yours?

Thanks.

The increase in effort and force is normal. STS works by shortening the length of the shifter as well as moving the pivot point. The end result is that you lose some of the leverage. So harder to shift is pretty much a given especially when combining with the stiffer bushings. I got the Kartboy STS and bushings but I ended up staying with the OEM bushings and I'm happy with the set up.

Archived