LegacyGT.com

Removing the small vertical piece in the lower section of the bumper

SpawnGT

Has anyone besides robson tuning removed that V shaped piece of plastic that is located right in the middle of the lower bumper opening, the one that covers about 16 square inches of surface area on a FMIC?

interesting...can you show me how you trimmed it...or at least to what extent you trimmed the "v-piece" i agree with you on that it might be too weak...i was thinking of using something like a small piece of silver metal rod to tighetne the bottom and top. but i didnt know what to actully do.

All I did was "slim" it down...not too much. I was also thinking about making a small metal rod to reinforce the area if I removed the V piece...something like a battery tie-down bolt, but i got lazy.

I also have the RBS lower lip, so it's probably stiff enough with the lip to cut out the piece

i tried finding some pics of your FMIC-Bumper-MOuth( i cant think of any other word besides nostrils for those two openings). But i was unsuccessful, can you post some pics of your front on your car. please

BTW i think i solved just know how to solve this problem. Heres the idea...yes some of you have these 250+ lips, but what if one was to use something like a long strip of sheet metal very skinny maybe 3mm and then use some tapping screws underneath that recessed edge not only will the screws not show at all, but this sheet metal should be turgid enough when screwed on stretch that it wouldnt allow sagging becuase it would act as a support.

Mine doesn't photograph well as I've blacked it out.

I think the metal reinforcement idea will work fine, you may want to sandwich the bumper with a metal piece on the inside and one on the bottom and use nuts and bolts (the bottom piece would double as a bumper skid plate).

The only other concern would be one of aesthetics: I think someone else on the board cut out the "V" piece and it looked pretty good, but it took a bit of work and he had to trim quite a bit of the surround to make everything blend in.

Archived