LegacyGT.com

Paddle shifting auto - questions

metroplex

Thanks for the clarification! I drove a rental 07 Pontiac G6 with the manumatic shifter and I didn't like it at all. I drove the snot out of that engine by revving it to the revlimiter for each gear and it still didn't incite any excitement.

it's not bad, but in its stock form, our 5EAT's are kinda... boring?? They can be fun, just make sure you put it into S# mode if you test drive. otherwise... *yawn* and remember, there is a delay in shifts.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I drive a multitude of different vehicles every day and I can say for certain that the 5eat is just not in the same league as the DSG. In fact the trans isn't bad at all if you just leave it in sport mode as an auto. But, as soon as you get the inclination to shift it with the buttons...don't you will be disappointed, or worse bouncing off the rev limiter. This thing shifts slowly, it's a bit irritating coming off an R1, or hopping out of an M3, but as an automatic it's great in sport mode.

And yes, I'm quite aware that those are unfair comparisons but it does get the point across.

I have a modded VB, it does help with improved shift response, however in NO WAY does it compare to a true DSG box. If you are expecting that, well... again, this isn't it. LOL
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived