LegacyGT.com

leak problem help

Kris_ktg

i notice drops of oil where i usually park. crawled underneath check the oil plug around the oil pan didnt see any leak. went for a drive come back check it again.

found out its coming from the boot tie rod(not sure whats it called)

the boot got rip both side and the leak is coming from the passenger side.

it drips every probably 10 to 15 seconds. And i think its a power steering fluid.

Thanks for reading any suggestion what to do would be appreciated.

i'm gonna take a picture of it tomorrow to show it to you guys. i'll just hope that its not that serious. i'm gonna try the dealership tomorrow for a price for fixing this problem.

though i notice the power steering is low and the steering wheel became a bit hard to steer. but at that time when i notice it thats when the time when we change the spring strut and the top hats so i thought that's probly part of the change of harder spring

H&R springs

KYB GR2

sti group N top hats

Thanks for the reply

Car looks great! Sorry about your luck but had the same thing happen to my 05 Forester but it was covered under warranty. Wifey took it in and not sure what they fixed other than the boot. Your best bet is to take to a honest shop if you know one and have it looked at. If your gonna do it yourself you need to make sure your seals are not leaking but it sounds like they are if you have a drip. It could be the packing grease dripping when heated if your lucky. Then you would only need a new boot. Due to the age of your car I would think it may have been busted for a while and the seals dry rotted and you have a diff leak.

so i went to fountain tire ask them about this problem at thesame time book my car for alignment they raise the car up as you all see in the pic its coming from the tie rod boot one of the tech said its the "Rack Pinion" need to be replace.

i asked how much is it gonna cost me he said $300 for the parts and labor which is $94/hour for about 5-7 hours :eek: thats already a grand + tax

is it hard to do this? anyone on this forums did this b4? is there any guide around? I google it and no luck so far.

ill try the dealership tommorow for estimate.

Archived