LegacyGT.com

08 SE Steering Wheel Swap???

massdrewski

ok. Iv spoken with a Subaru Tech/Friend and a Parts guy from the dealership. My Friend said that the subarus have a plug and Play system with the controls in the wheels. My Question is this. Can I take the steering wheel from the GT Limited (08') and Plug it into my 08' SE and will it work. My friend said yes and the Dealership said no. they said that becouse there are two diferent Trannys at work that There is a different wiring harness. Has anyone dealt with this situation yet? I have looked around the forums and found info on the whole plug and play system with the wheels but the 08's are a bit tricky witht he SE Having the controls Directly in the wheel. Im sure that the Tranny controls would and will Not work (becouse of the tranny difference). but i have a feeling that there might be Radio control wires back there. Anyone brave enough to take their SE or Limited 2.5i apart?

ok. Iv spoken with a Subaru Tech/Friend and a Parts guy from the dealership. My Friend said that the subarus have a plug and Play system with the controls in the wheels. My Question is this. Can I take the steering wheel from the GT Limited (08') and Plug it into my 08' SE and will it work. My friend said yes and the Dealership said no. they said that becouse there are two diferent Trannys at work that There is a different wiring harness. Has anyone dealt with this situation yet? I have looked around the forums and found info on the whole plug and play system with the wheels but the 08's are a bit tricky witht he SE Having the controls Directly in the wheel. Im sure that the Tranny controls would and will Not work (becouse of the tranny difference). but i have a feeling that there might be Radio control wires back there. Anyone brave enough to take their SE or Limited 2.5i apart?

It has been tried. While the harness is there (it hads nothing to do with the transmissions), the SE radio (the "201" model) does not appear to accept the inputs from the steering wheel controls.

There is a whole thread about this. Please try the search.

Archived