LegacyGT.com

Burning rubber smell anyone?

Okay, the car now has 4k miles and is still having the same issue.

When I am not moving, but in gear with the clutch in (for example, waiting for the garage door to go up) I start to smell burning rubber inside the car. This could also happen at a stop light etc...

It almost smells like the clutch roasting but I am new to Subarus and not sure. I do not smell this when I get out of the car in the garage. I did a search and could not find any relevant posts, so any input is welcome.

BTW, 05 OBXT manual w/ss

I just noticed you said that your car still has the smell at 4000+ miles.

My car had the clutch stink bad for the first 800 miles or so. I have 3400 miles and havent smelled it at all for the last 1500 miles. I think most of my clutch stink came from learning to drive a Subaru clutch after years of driving V-8 Camaros and Mustangs with much more low end torque to get the car moving and a heavier pedal feel. You might want to get the car checked out. I have read on other Subaru boards of guys getting their clutch adjusted at the dealership on WRX's, I havent heard of people getting the clutch adjusted on a LGT. Good Luck

Hmmm.... I just came out of an 01 S4 manual which was trickier than this one, and the clutch/transmission on my 930 is about as tricky as it gets. What do I need to do differently with the scooby clutch. I ask in all seriousness. Quicker? More gas? Less slip? Any suggestions will be helpful so i can send this stink back where it came from.

thanks.

Archived