LegacyGT.com

aftermarket endlinks

k2blt

any polyuerethane bushing has the potential to make noise. Invariable nature of poly when the grease dries out or gets washed out. marine grease tends to work pretty well and last a while, but don't be surprised if you might have to grease it every once in a while.

If you're looking for the quietest solution, stay stock.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I think any heim joint endlink is going to make a lot of noise. I had them on my 350z and they would clunk like crazy. The solid style with the poly bushings would be your best bet for a quiet ride. And I agree with MIKEYAN, you'll just have to regrease the polybushings when they start squeaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touge Tuning http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Group A also makes some great endlinks, we have them in stock ready to go out!

^^^^^Anybody running these???? How are they??? Do they make noises?^^^^^

I am running the GroupA endlinks both front and rear on Cusco sways and they are working excellently with NO noises! :)

Lloyd M. 2006 GRP LGT 5EAT Sedan [For Sale]

• 1 year later...
-1 on AVO...if you want less noise don't go with them. I had noise and someone else had noise...

Anyone in vendor classifieds selling used endlinks? I am lowered with Cusco sways and I have had zero issues with the stockers.

+1 I have teh noise too on my AVOs, I can live with it though, as long as I know whats causing it and that its normal...

any polyuerethane bushing has the potential to make noise. Invariable nature of poly when the grease dries out or gets washed out. marine grease tends to work pretty well and last a while, but don't be surprised if you might have to grease it every once in a while.

If you're looking for the quietest solution, stay stock.

Mike

This is the same with spherical bearing style endlinks. After a while the bearing will wear out and start to clunk or vibrate. Marine grease is a good way to keep them working longer.

Pawl are you using AVO's solid poly style endlink or the ball joint style endlink?

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

mmm not sure, but here they are:

http://rallitek.com/avoreswbaren.html

Yeah those are the ball joint style endlinks. Are you just getting increased road noise in the cabin or some kind of clunking/vibrating? I installed a full set of these on my Outback about 1000 miles ago and haven't had any problems yet which is why I ask.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

^^^^^Anybody running these???? How are they??? Do they make noises?^^^^^

Running GroupA front and rear on Cobb bars.

No noise and love them.

Great product and Chris (TougeTuning) is a great vendor.

Wanna check if your endlinks are bad?

Put the car on ramps (this puts less pressure on the swaybars and links because the suspension isn't pulling down on them) and grab the swaybar near the endlink and push up and down. Clunking? It's the endlink. That's exactly how I narrowed it down on my car. Over EVERY little bump and dip the suspension was clunking.

I JUST replaced both my fronts with the AVO adjustable, get the 55-65mm one, they fit the fronts. To check, measure the distance from the center of each bolt.

ALSO, word of advice, my car has 68k on it, and the endlink bolts were pretty rusted. Just make sure the allen key doesn't twist in the slot. That's what happened to the bottom bolts on both my endlinks (the allen key hole rusted and just rounded out easily), I had to dremel the bolts themselves off... which sucked and took WAY too much time.

Oh yeah, suspension clunking is gone. Gone gone gone. I'm happy again!

So I'm planning on getting some Cobb bars...should I go Group A links from Touge for $225 or Kartboy links for $200?? Anyone had any problems with either of these?

Don't think you could go wrong with either.

I was leaning towards Kartboy ..... until I saw the GroupA links. :wub:

If your front setup is such that they're is a moderate size "side to side" gap between the swaybar and the mounting point (e.g. it's not straight up and down, but a bit cock-eyed) then I suggest ball and socket type endlinks. This is normally just an issue up front, not in the rear. Mine is that way so I went with AVO (seemed to do fine) then to Rallitek ball and socket type endlinks (RTK-HDELF, non-adjustable)--much tougher than stock but still ball and socket.

I tried poly insert up front but I had to put in big spacers and it just wasn't a good situation. If you don't have the gap issue, then by all means, I'm sure poly-insert type work fine.

In the back I have MSI poly-insert ones (not sure if they're making them any more) which are real nice.

Archived