LegacyGT.com

87, 89 or 93 octane????

for whatever reason, I get better mileage at the citgo that sells 92 octane than I do from several stations I have purchased from with 93 octane. You'd think such a small difference wouldn't matter, and maybe they just get better quality gas or something, but its a difference of averaging 22-24 mpg and averaging 26-27 mpg.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get 92 to 93 octane here and thats all I will run- even though a service rep at the dealership said I could go 89 every other tank. I save my receipts and I noticed that the price is always

$ x.xx9 per gallon - see how they try to get that last 9/10s of a cent out of you?

( my next vehicle may be that giant CXT international )

Bob... smooth is fast

This is the information I got from the local refinery...I use ULG for both my Gt spec B and SC430. Interesting to see their recommended use for 85RON (lawnmowers & outboard engines).

Premium Unleaded (ULG)

Premium Unleaded has the highest octane rating of 97 RON and is a better performing fuel. No lead has been added and a different refining process is used, involving better and higher octane components. ULG gives a high performance and is an environmentally friendly fuel, ULG is also a cleaner burning fuel.

Super Unleaded

Super Unleaded has an octane rating of 95 RON.

Regular Unleaded

Regular Unleaded has an octane rating of 85 RON and is used by lower octane level cars. It is also used in lawnmowers and two-stroke outboard engines.

• 4 years later...

Archived