LegacyGT.com

Installed K & N Typhoon with Tune Looming

tommypenguin

Well tomorrow is the big day, I'm going to revolutions to get protuned. I've had a Typhoon intake sitting around for a month now and figured I would put it on last night just in case I lost a bolt during install or for some reason needed an extra day of time to complete:redface:. I didn't have any issues. I will not drive my car over 3k till the tune. No need to ride me about driving untuned with an intake, I will have put probably 50 miles untuned with the intake when its all said and done on a cobb stage 2 base map.

That aside..... my impressions.:wub: I love it, sounds great, definitely is loud. My car sounds a bit like darth vader when I release the throttle.;) My mods are I/AVO TMIC/GFB BPV/BPM UP/ Perrin Catless DP && CBE. I haven't been able to tell any difference in driveability but I've only put about 4 miles on my car with it on.

If you are like me and this is your first turbo car and you are in love with all the engine/turbo sounds you might want to consider getting this. I wouldn't get this for a power increase on a stock turbo, strictly for sound. Save this mod for last before you get protuned if you do it, about every other mod will add more performance than this.

Yea definately don't get on it lol. I put mine on a week ago and got my WBO2 on a couple days after. Mine is running a good .5-1.0 points leaner with it on. Took one pull through the gears when I got the WB in and it read in the low 12's. Do love the sound though

Archived