LegacyGT.com

Skyfi 3 problems

turbotool

OK, so I just picked up a SkyFi3 from crutchfield today and tried to hook it up the same way I've hooked up all of my other XM radios in all of my other vehicles and I could barely get it to put out any sound whatsoever. Please somebody tell me what I am doing wrong or what I have to buy because Subaru sucks when it comes to audio!!! On a lighter note, the SkyFi3 has a line out so you can hook your ipod up to it which is a plus for me. Also, if anybody is interested it in picking up one of these, Crutchfield is practically giving them away. $150-$110 price cut-$40 mail in rebate=FREE(plus shipping-$7.00)

It may help to know exactly how you have this radio set up. are you using an FM transmitter, or an aux-in adapter? Are you able to adjust the line-out level of the radio? Are you getting a good XM signal?

I just plugged it in the cigarette lighter and threw the antenna on the dash. That worked in all of my other cars.

I just plugged it in the cigarette lighter and threw the antenna on the dash. That worked in all of my other cars.

your antenna is in the back window... and the transmitter in your skyfy is not strong enough to hit it.... it's possible your other xm units had a stronger transmitters, or if your talking about other cars the antenna was in the front

you would need to run the atenna extension to the back of the car and use the sticky adaptor to hook it to the antenna/window: so so sound quality

or....

buy the direct fm connect kit....i actually have one for sell in the classified section. it runs everything to the back of your stereo : a little better than so so

or...

use the line output for OUTPUT...lol if you have an line input in your console you can run a 3.5 to 3.5 cable from your sky to the car's aux input : sounds much better - you have an 05 so not an option

or

if you don't have a aux in you can add it via a cleansweep or the jazzy mod

sounds better , this is what I just did but it's a bear

check your skyfi on each side. My roady express has a line OUTPUT on one side for direct connection to an aux INPUT

on the other it has a line INPUT for connecting an ipod ect.

your antenna is in the back window... and the transmitter in your skyfy is not strong enough to hit it.... it's possible your other xm units had a stronger transmitters, or if your talking about other cars the antenna was in the front

you would need to run the atenna extension to the back of the car and use the sticky adaptor to hook it to the antenna/window: so so sound quality

or....

buy the direct fm connect kit....i actually have one for sell in the classified section. it runs everything to the back of your stereo : a little better than so so

or...

use the line output for OUTPUT...lol if you have an line input in your console you can run a 3.5 to 3.5 cable from your sky to the car's aux input : sounds much better - you have an 05 so not an option

or

if you don't have a aux in you can add it via a cleansweep or the jazzy mod

sounds better , this is what I just did but it's a bear

check your skyfi on each side. My roady express has a line OUTPUT on one side for direct connection to an aux INPUT

on the other it has a line INPUT for connecting an ipod ect.

Thanks thats really helpful. XM sent me this SureConnect kit with the radio. I think I'm gonna try that. It mates the antennas by sticking it to the window like you said. Hopefully that will do the trick. The SkyFi3 is an mp3 player too so I don't really have to worry about integrating my ipod as long as the sound quality is good enough. Thanks again.

no problem. the kit I have goes directly to the antenna connection at the back of the radio.... i bought it to get rid of the sure connect kit when I had my tint done.

good luck!

I installed the SureConnect kit and it sounds way better than before. I'll think about that direct connect kit you have for sale.

Archived