LegacyGT.com

best color over time?

forestir

Which color retains its appearance best over time? In the past, reds were known to fade badly. Blues appear to fade or peel.

I like the Atlantic Blue Pearl, but it looks rather dull in some light/angles. Would it be difficult to color match over time?

I think this ABP color would look really sharp with the stainless steel rocker panel trim. Anyone have this and care to post a photo up? Audi does a great job with bright bling bling accents on their S4... would like something similar on Legacy GT.

Thanks for your thoughts.

As long as they're properly cared for, any color should look new even 10 years down the road.

People thought my 94 Stealth was new. Go pearl white! :D

I'm with John on this one...

My 92 3000GT was pearl white also and same deal, people thought it was a 2003, 2004, 2005, whatever the new model year was (silly people didn't know the run ended in 1999).

I think white is the easiest to keep the paint looking new, but DAYUM, does the Obsidian Black Pearl look amazing when its clean - with the green and blue specks, I LOVE MY LGT!!!!!!

All modern paints weather extremely well if waxed occassionally, and reputable body shops all use computerized paint match systems these days to match whatever state your car is in (rather than ordering a can of new factory paint that wouldn't match any fading.) Choose the color that sets your heart aflutter! I think all the Subaru colors are fantastic - much much better than any offered on the Mazda6 my LGT replaced.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived