LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Wagon Final Warranty Visit & 30k Service

CJC

My 05 LGT Wagon is going in to the dealer for a final warranty inspection, and maybe a 30k Service. I've got several things that I'm planning to ask the dealer to address.

Would appreciate any advice from you guys that have experienced similar issues and already addressed:

-Brakes: Heavy vibration under normal breaking

-"Cold" startup: Engine runs rough--car seems to shutter and vibrate for first several minutes when driving in the morning (not dependant on ambient air temperature--I'm in SoCal so its never really cold)

-"Il5" code on dash: I've read others have had this and it might need new guage illumination switch? TSB?

-Stutter: Had one reflash long ago--stutter still present. Anybody have any advice?

-Center console electrical: Have experienced once or twice power blackout to center console.

-Sunroof rattle: it's annoying.

RE the 30k Service, I've read so much about what's necessary and what's not. Anyone want to take a stab at boiling down for me what I should make sure is done right now, and whether the dealer should do it, or my other (cheaper) mechanic?

Just had my 30K done. My dealer has been especially good since I purchased the car new and has never tried to rip me off or do unnecessary work. Here's what they did:

1.Did the inspections recommended in SOA's 30K setvice schedule.

2.30K service recommends changing air filter, but I had changed it myself at 20K. They checked it but said it didn't need changing.

3. Changed coolant as recommended...they said this is important with Subies considering the head gasket problems some older models had.

4. 30k service recommends changing/flushing brake fluid. They checked the fluid and said it didn't need changing.

5. 30K service recommends wheel rotation/balance but I had that done at 26K.

6. 30K service recommends transmission/differential fluid change. They said that should be done but recommended changing to a synthetic considering the climate here. Had the synthetic put in (MT) and boy, does it make a difference in shifting on a -20 morning!

Total bill was $288.00, but that includes the cost of the spendy synthetic fluid.

Sure is nice to have a dealer you can trust...I've purchased 12 new cars over the years and this is the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

I've had the same problems with the center console electrical. My volume has turn itself up and my fan speed has increased and decreased itself. Also my guage dimmers have done this ae well.

Also the car does vibrate alot at idle. I think I'm just getting stiffer engine mounts to live with it.

Archived