LegacyGT.com

07 LGT - AP Issue - Stuttering now = Pulsating

FishingFiend

It's been about 3 weeks since I installed the 91ACN map for stage 1. Though the stuttering has been minimized on many levels, it has not been completely removed. On several instances now, I've had rythmic pulsating instead of the regular stuttering.

Harder acceleration in 3 or 4th gear has resulted in a hesitation that is very rythmic that makes the car kind of accelerate, pause, accelerate, pause.... Not sure what's causing this, but thought I would ask to see if any others are experiencing this?

S or S# did not make a difference, happened in both settings.

I've only got about 200 miles on my car since I installed the 93 map for stage 1, but so far, there is no trace of any stutter or pulsating... it's very smooth. I've been driving in anywhere between 20-50 degrees F since going to stage 1. I definitely had a pronounced stutter before going stage 1, even after the available factory reflash.

200 miles might not be long enough yet to see if the stutter will return though.

I've only got about 200 miles on my car since I installed the 93 map for stage 1, but so far, there is no trace of any stutter or pulsating... it's very smooth. I've been driving in anywhere between 20-50 degrees F since going to stage 1. I definitely had a pronounced stutter before going stage 1, even after the available factory reflash.

200 miles might not be long enough yet to see if the stutter will return though.

I actually experienced this on the way home after flashing. I chalked it up to the ECU learing curve...

I was able to recreate this today. While going up a moderatile grade hill with a downshift to 4th and hard acceleration, but not WOT. While keeping the pressure as steady as possible on the gas, the acceleration above 3k would continue, then pause briefly, then continue and pause and then repeat. The pause is brief, but long enough to cause a pumping like feeling. I guess this is different than the stuttering issue, where the acceleration would be lagged and jerky. There is no lag here, just a mild/annoying pumping-hesitation issue. If I apply more gas, nothing really happens. After each incident (5th time), I slowed down.

I don't think this is normal, but if it is, please let me know...

Archived