LegacyGT.com

OK then, mild drop/mild spring rate. Tein H/Pinks/Swifts?

Powerman

So I was looking at this chart:

http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications

Are these numbers accurate?

I want a slightly more firm spring than OEM, and little drop. Unclemat has been very helpful and steered me to JDM GT springs. We figured HD/Pinks would be out side of what I was looking for. JDM GTs being in the middle.

However, there is not much difference in spring rates between OEM and Pinks. I'm considering using Konis, and noticed the other moderate springs listed under the Pinks. Specifically the Swifts and Tein H-Techs.

I'm curious though, while they are not much different in rate from Pinks, why such a different approach for the rear springs? Meaning the H-Techs are same as stock in the rear for rate, and the Swifts are stiffer than the Pinks in the rear.

Does anyone run Koni's and Swifts, or H-Techs? I am still considering Tokicos/JDM too, I think HDs might be out. I doubt I will adjust them constantly, but would like to set them where I want.

The Pinks numbers wise seem like no brainers, but hard to justify twice the cost as the others plus top hats for not much difference numbers wise from Swifts and H-Techs.

Off to bed now. I'll catch up later. I appreciate any input you may have.

I have Htechs on my USDM Bilstein shocks. The drop was nice, but like with every other spring there is a front rake associated. I'm tempted to try and mix and match, but I really don't feel like swapping out the springs only to find it rakes to the rear or gets too stiff.

Makes me really want to get some Tein Comfort COs.

I have Htechs on my USDM Bilstein shocks. The drop was nice, but like with every other spring there is a front rake associated. I'm tempted to try and mix and match, but I really don't feel like swapping out the springs only to find it rakes to the rear or gets too stiff.

Makes me really want to get some Tein Comfort COs.

I'm not fond of the front rake either. Thanks

No sweat whobaru.

Do you mean at the limit of how low you wanted to go?

Ya, no more than an inch. A lot of springs have 1.X in front, that's OK since it's a little high so to speak, but I don't like way low in front, or slammed. The half inch for Pinks is cool, I'm just not going to pay $500 for some OEM springs.

I'm looking at Ralliteks, or H-Techs. Waiting to see what Crucial comes up with. I'm still not 100% comfortable with doing springs. However, I would rather put springs on and find out it isn't cool, then finding out just shocks isn't going to cut it. Right now I'm 60% sure shocks alone won't cut it, and 40% sure springs are going to be too stiff for me. So I am going with my best guess.

Ya, no more than an inch. A lot of springs have 1.X in front, that's OK since it's a little high so to speak, but I don't like way low in front, or slammed. The half inch for Pinks is cool, I'm just not going to pay $500 for some OEM springs.

I'm looking at Ralliteks, or H-Techs. Waiting to see what Crucial comes up with. I'm still not 100% comfortable with doing springs. However, I would rather put springs on and find out it isn't cool, then finding out just shocks isn't going to cut it. Right now I'm 60% sure shocks alone won't cut it, and 40% sure springs are going to be too stiff for me. So I am going with my best guess.

Have you figured out what you are going to do yet? Im in the same boat as you are. Want to lower my car...but dont want a slammed look that will make the ride harsh. Let me know what you did!

im going h techs with bilsteins, my rear shocks are almost dead with 48,000 miles on them, front are still nice and tight though

but this is on a budget, if i had my choice id go with the h tech with tokico d specs, i have tokico illuminas which are 5 way adjustible on my other car, i love them

mmmm d specs

Archived