LegacyGT.com

Dash screens went blank

So I'm driving home tonight and the screens on my radio and climate control suddenly go blank. Also, now I can't switch stations by using the numbered buttons set to my favorites. Is there a code or some combination of buttons that will fix this, or do I just need to take it into the dealer? It's an 08 2.5i Limited bought new about a month ago. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

That's funny. I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I started the car in -40C weather after it had been sitting for a few days outside (again, in -40C weather). I warmed it up a bit, drove a block or so and everything goes black. I still have power to the car - ie engine's still going, but all my lights inside and out are dark - headlights too.. I don't know if my rear lights worked. But anyways, I pulled over (this was around 2am in the morning), stopped the car restarted it and everything's been ok since. I think there's a ghost in the car somewhere, it's spooky.

Mine did this when my wife drove it the other day. I was probably the first time it had sat outside all day in below zero temps this winter. She said she started it up and the radio/climate control was black. Then it all came back the next time she started it. :iam:
Let's kick this pig!

Mine had been malfunctioning for months, rarely but it was still annoying. The only way I could fix it was to turn off the car and restart it. The only way my dealer would replace it was if I could show them it was happening. I was lucky enough for it to happen near the dealer one night. I showed them and they replaced it under warranty. The replacement has been working fine.

Archived