LegacyGT.com

Another 5 years for diesel??? Huh???

PacCoastFwy923

If Subaru wants to position itself as a more premium brand then why don't they ditch the 4EAT and make the 5EAT/6speed the only 2 trannies to deal with this generation? More gears = 4-5 close ratio gears and a top gear for low cruising speed. Currently my 2006 4EAT cruises at 65mph at 2.5rpm... not good. Subaru has the models and parts (even intact in foreign markets) why can't they use commonsense to bring them over here?

Currently my 2006 4EAT cruises at 65mph at 2.5rpm... not good.

'06 5MT going 65mpg is at ~2700 rpm in 5th, the 5EAT is about the same as your 4EAT at ~2500 rpm. Even the '06 STI with the 6spd is at ~2600 rpm at 65 mph. More gears won't necessary reduce your cruising rpm in top gear, it really depends on the manufacturer's design. The 4EAT is outdated and needs to go, but going by Subaru's history a 5EAT or 6spd won't buy you lower rpm in top gear.

'06 5MT going 65mph is at ~2700 rpm in 5th, the 5EAT is about the same as your 4EAT at ~2500 rpm. Even the '06 STI with the 6spd is at ~2600 rpm at 65 mph. More gears won't necessary reduce your cruising rpm in top gear, it really depends on the manufacturer's design. The 4EAT is outdated and needs to go, but going by Subaru's history a 5EAT or 6spd won't buy you lower rpm in top gear.

Well thats why I added:

More gears = 4-5 close ratio gears and a top gear for low cruising speed

Subaru should make the 5EAT/6sp standard. Have the first 4-5gears close ratio and the last gear will be much taller for cruising. Say bringing cruising at 65mph down to 2k rpm. Seriously who really wants to "pull" in their last gear, if you're really looking for power/quick acceleration you shouldn't even be in top gear.

Do they think that they have 5 years???

They are a bit behind already. In 5 years, they will be picking up the rear.

I get the feeling that the Subaru models released in America is a year behind what we see here in Europe.

I have a car specified as a 2004, but every picture and detail I see tells me that it matches the 2005 model in the US. The air filter was changed for the '05 and I actually had to get an '05 filter and return the '04 K&N filter I purchased. Same with the headlights - Lens style. Center console with radio also matches '05 etc. But the papers says that it's an early '04.

But with the diesel - well it's a first year this year so they may have to straighten out some issues from it first. Maybe it's worth to wait a year, but five years seems to be begging for you to do private imports. But of course - that may be stopped by some kind of regulations or so. Usual government stuff.

453747.png

I get the feeling that the Subaru models released in America is a year behind what we see here in Europe.

I have a car specified as a 2004, but every picture and detail I see tells me that it matches the 2005 model in the US. The air filter was changed for the '05 and I actually had to get an '05 filter and return the '04 K&N filter I purchased. Same with the headlights - Lens style. Center console with radio also matches '05 etc. But the papers says that it's an early '04.

But with the diesel - well it's a first year this year so they may have to straighten out some issues from it first. Maybe it's worth to wait a year, but five years seems to be begging for you to do private imports. But of course - that may be stopped by some kind of regulations or so. Usual government stuff.

I guess now adays you have to specify which year you're in lol... like 04EURO, 05US, 06JP etc..

Importing a diesel, highly unlikely... the car looks the same on the outside as a LGT except with a D. It would probably be impossible to pass emissions especially being from outside the country. Also there are alternative diesels coming along the way from the other makes aswell, and they will probably arrive sooner than 5yrs.

"I wonder what will happen if I take this here gun and shoot my foot?" - SOA

....three minutes later while hopping around on other foot "Well that was painful, but I wonder if the other foot will hurt just as much?".......reloads......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived