rc0032

Cheers  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers

• Gravy you American fools!
    • Sauce for me please
    • Isn’t it Eyetalians?
    • I spotted Jedi

sauce at least thats what the Italians boys on the south side of town where i grew up call it. some of you boys watch to much TV. :lol:

thank you bosco :)

some of you boys watch to much TV. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

My mother in law (100%) Italian calls it gravy. I've always called it sauce. The first time I ate over there when my wife and I were dating, she asked if I wanted more gravy. I looked at her dumbfounded, thinking, these crazy ass mofos put the shit I douse my potato's in on their pasta? :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

My mother in law (100%) Italian calls it gravy. I've always called it sauce. The first time I ate over there when my wife and I were dating, she asked if I wanted more gravy. I looked at her dumbfounded, thinking, these crazy ass mofos put the shit I douse my potato's in on their pasta? :lol:

when the Italians first came over here i'm wondering if the meaning of sauce or gravy from italian to english got mixed up in the translation. and no i don't know anything about foreign language it's just a thought.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

when the Italians first came over here i'm wondering if the meaning of sauce or gravy from italian to english got mixed up in the translation. and no i don't know anything about foreign language it's just a thought.

I truly think that it's 1/2 the people say one & 1/2 say the ohter :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

like soda or pop :lol:

no that's called soda you midwest dummys just call it the wrong thing for some reason :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:wub: bosco

Guest JessterCPA

No no no. You all have it wrong.

Gravy is meat sauce.

Sauce is tomato sauce.

This straight from the Sicilian's mouth.

• 4 weeks later...
Im Italian from Italy. A meat sauce is called Ragu, yes like the bottled stuff. Each one has a different name depending on the ingrediants, but they are all Sugo or Salsa which both translate to sauce. But you also would call Trukey Gravy a Sugo but never Salsa.

Im Italian from Italy. A meat sauce is called Ragu, yes like the bottled stuff. Each one has a different name depending on the ingrediants, but they are all Sugo or Salsa which both translate to sauce. But you also would call Trukey Gravy a Sugo but never Salsa.

right on brother. :)

Archived