LegacyGT.com

Custom midpipes in OC

SUBY3

I am going to a local muffler shop to have them fabricate a custom midpipe to mate between a WRX length downpipe and the Y pipe to the mufflers. This will allow you to use the much more affordable and widely available WRX/STI downpipe. It will remove the resonator and be of stainless 2.5" pipe.

Anybody interested in a group buy.

I will be doing this in a couple of weeks and Steve @ Aerosim will be doing the UP DP install.

Cheers

And which downpipe are you planning on using? Per lisn2me2, it sounds like there are bend issues with the Helix catted DP, which is the one I'd want to use if possible.

Also, what are the consequences of getting rid of the resonator? How much of a restriction is it? How much louder would it's removal make your exhaust?

What would be good is if you could use one of the short WRX uppipes (Bosal, Stromung, ScoobySport) and your muffler guy could fabricate a 3rd cat pipe using a hi flow cat with a donut flange on one end that would perfectly mate to the Leg GT midpipe (the one with the resonator).

If he could make one of those, and Aeroism could test fit some downpipes to make sure they bolt right on, I would buy one (and I'm sure a lot of other people would too).

What would be good is if you could use one of the short WRX uppipes (Bosal, Stromung, ScoobySport) and your muffler guy could fabricate a 3rd cat pipe using a hi flow cat with a donut flange on one end that would perfectly mate to the Leg GT midpipe (the one with the resonator).

If he could make one of those, and Aeroism could test fit some downpipes to make sure they bolt right on, I would buy one (and I'm sure a lot of other people would too).

I agree. I'd like a high-flow cat too.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I agree. I'd like a high-flow cat too.

I must be getting old, because I was thinking how irresponsible it would be to go catless myself.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Nah. That would mean I'm only 8 years from beign an old fart. :lol:

Like my mom always said: "You get old or you get dead- just enjoy every day".

Archived